aberdeen-music

Go North

Darth Elvis

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough Milner, but lots of folk on here call them "little shits" etc. And at a gig last year, a member of the audience shouted stuff at Tom (singer) and that fucked his confidence, there was no need for that was there? and no, they aint a showcase band.

Project: Ven - Hell :- I dont know how they describe themselves, kinda Punk/Poppy Punk a bit of finch , i guess.

Liam, for your own sake, edit out the progressive before someone quotes you.

Ven Hell : G2F are from Westhill and they play a mixture of old Blink style and new Blink style stuff with the new stuff sounding quite a lot like Finch at times. Nothing progressive about it, which by the way Liam isn't a criticism. Have they been telling you progressive?

Fair enough Milner' date=' but lots of folk on here call them "little shits" etc. And at a gig last year, a member of the audience shouted stuff at Tom (singer) and that fucked his confidence, there was no need for that was there? and no, they aint a showcase band.

Project: Ven - Hell :- I dont know how they describe themselves, kinda Punk/Poppy Punk a bit of finch , i guess.[/quote']

yeh man thats a fair point and that kinda of shit isnt what anyone likes to see, as i say this isnt really a go at gone too far i just really dont class them as one of aberdeens top bands at the moment they may have the potential to be but not at this stage.

yeh man thats a fair point and that kinda of shit isnt what anyone likes to see' date=' as i say this isnt really a go at gone too far i just really dont class them as one of aberdeens top bands at the moment they may have the potential to be but not at this stage.[/quote']

Yeah, potential is highly subjective, but surely if it's a showcase, then they should be showcasing the best Aberdeen has?

I don't normally get involved in any debate regarding Jo, but come on - she's outsold pretty much most Aberdeen artists, she's toured Europe to crowds of over 1000 per night and she's currently a handpicked support to the man who wrote last year's biggest selling single. And she's not considered "showcase material"? please...

Is it about who you are, or is it about who you know?

Yeah' date=' potential is highly subjective, but surely if it's a [b']showcase, then they should be showcasing the best Aberdeen has?

I don't normally get involved in any debate regarding Jo, but come on - she's outsold pretty much most Aberdeen artists, she's toured Europe to crowds of over 1000 per night and she's currently a handpicked support to the man who wrote last year's biggest selling single. And she's not considered "showcase material"? please...

Is it about who you are, or is it about who you know?

Has her entry been submitted to go north?

As they won't go about asking people to play only those who have submitted a press pack.

i just really dont class them as one of aberdeens top bands at the moment

Are you saying that by their mere inclusion they are being represented as such?

Are you saying that by their mere inclusion they are being represented as such?

well it would seem most likely considering this statement

"These are bands you should be looking at as they are already making waves"

Now tell me what have gone too far done over the last say year or two?

Can anyone tell me any big gigs they have done or where it is possible to hear even an MP3 of this band? Have they done any out of town gigs? I'm trying to find a reason that they are classed as a showcase band..........ah wait they know dave from the foyer pretty well and they practise there all the time......hmmm basically them being included has made GoNorth look like an even bigger joke than it already is. As ive stated i dont hate gone too far or really have a problem with them but for fucks sake if they are the best aberdeen has to offer well.....

edit: how did they get into the young catagory anyway when they are over age?

"These are bands you should be looking at as they are already making waves"

Yeah' date=' but maybe that doesn't apply to Gone 2 Far. I mean, I don't really see how you can seriously represent Gone 2 Far as a band "making waves", but perhaps it's possible. I just think good on them for getting the gig, I really don't recall any poppy/punky bands ever playing GoNorth before. I'm sure they'll do Aberdeen proud.

hmmm basically them being included has made GoNorth look like an even bigger joke than it already is

I didn't know GoNorth was a joke. It's quite a busy event and even if the acts who've played at it in previous years haven't particularly inspired me, some people must have some interest in it.

Yeah' date=' but maybe that doesn't apply to Gone 2 Far. I mean, I don't really see how you can seriously represent Gone 2 Far as a band "making waves", but perhaps it's possible. I just think good on them for getting the gig, I generally don't recall any poppy/punky bands ever playing GoNorth before. I'm sure they'll do Aberdeen proud.

[/quote']

as ive stated i dont claim them to be a band making waves the industry people who have helped set up this event obviously think so..........

not the biggest lost.

There are other ways than playing go north to get your name widespread.

i think your missing the point camie.

Jo is far bigger than almost every act out in Aberdeen at the moment, what cloud is trying to say is why do they advertise this as a showcase event for the best acts in this part of britain only for them to put on bands who they are friends with instead.

as ive stated i dont claim them to be a band making waves the industry people who have helped set up this event obviously think so..........

I think you're getting a bit carried away with the whole Gone 2 Far thing man. GoNorth is about a whole collection of varied and different artists and helping them to make contact with informed and important people in the music industry that they might otherwise have no contact with. It's a showcase of some of the best and most exciting talent in Scotland and further afield and Gone 2 Far are just a tiny part of that.

You've got to look at the bigger picture.

:music: