aberdeen-music

Things to stop saying

Guest Tam o' Shantie

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like basically its like, you know basically you know, the thing that's basically, you know. errr. basic.

basically, what I am trying to say, you know, is basically that basically is used far to many times, you know.

and "you know", you know. basically, that's it.

Guest haigyman
"heh" and "k" enrage me more than anything else.

to start off with' date=' they are just so stupid, and secondly COULDYOUSOUNDANYLESSINTERESTED!?[/quote']

yes, both on a par with "that's nice"

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Sounds like an example of urban Scots vernacular. It's use shouldn't be discouraged

It is use? Erm, why shouldn't its use be discouraged? Because it's something that Scottish people do? Nope...still don't get it.

I'm getting fed up with people saying cunt all the time. I don't find it offensive but there's no need to use it all the time, save it for special occasions or something. Fuck obviously has been used too much and now it's replacement is cunt. It's as though people have realised it's cool to say it and inject into every possible sentence, making it an adjective (e.g i was cunted last night) and so on.

Bah. It's boring.

Already:

"Open the fucking gate already (SIC) "

Fucking (when used in a - usually - nice sentence):

"I fucking (SIC) love him / her / it / toast"

Meaningless Expressions:

"Gah / Buh / Dah / Sma / Guh / Bah" (SIC x6)

African Amaericanisms by whiteys:

" Dawg / Nigga / Bro / Sistah / Crib / Trippin..." (SIC x infinity)

Americanisms:

Any "..ism" / "..sation'' that people spell with "..izm" / "..zation" over here. (Double-SIC)

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Christ, this thread only serves to prove the general vileness of the way some people talk. I agree with almost everything above, but these ones REALLY boil my piss:

Unnecessary use of the word "so". I've only heard women do this, a sentence such as "He's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not speaking to me" should get you shot.

People who shout "Oh my God!" far, far, far, far too loudly and it's always for something really trivial:

"Guess what? X slept with Y last night!"

"OH MY GOD!!!"

Just fucking die immediately you noisy cretin. Nobody cares.

Also, one I've recently noticed is a sudden proliferation of starting a sentence with the words "It's got to the stage where......" What's this about? Even this is starting to annoy me.

Guest haigyman
Christ' date=' this thread only serves to prove the general vileness of the way some people talk. I agree with almost everything above, but these ones REALLY boil my piss:

Unnecessary use of the word "so". I've only heard women do this, a sentence such as "He's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not speaking to me" should get you shot.

People who shout "Oh my God!" far, far, far, far too loudly and it's always for something really trivial:

"Guess what? X slept with Y last night!"

"OH MY GOD!!!"

Just fucking die immediately you noisy cretin. Nobody cares.

Also, one I've recently noticed is a sudden proliferation of starting a sentence with the words "It's got to the stage where......" What's this about? Even this is starting to annoy me.[/quote']

all excellent calls

ps. omgomgomg i think i saw you at a bus stop today.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
i SOOOOOOOO did!

OMG! ROFL! SOOOOOOOOOOOOO wasn't expecting that! Oh my God, kewl!

Err, which bus stop was it, as a matter of interest?

Also' date=' one I've recently noticed is a sudden proliferation of starting a sentence with the words "It's got to the stage where......" What's this about? Even this is starting to annoy me.[/quote']

Oh I fucking hate that one, people who stop for a chat in the dead centre of Union Street (normally with prams) seem to love to use that one. It's also a big favourite of the pseudo-intellectual, wanky student crowd. Normally something like "It's got to the stage where I think I know more about Conglomerate Business mergers than the lecturer....hahaha", then they spurt Red Bull all over their Gap sweater, (That's not an attack on every student in the world by the way, before some clown attacks my scene points).

P.S I'm sure I saw Jake at a bus stop too. It's good to see people are still using public transport, I'm a massive public transport fan.

(This is not an ironic, or wacky joke).

Oh I fucking hate that one' date=' people who stop for a chat in the dead centre of Union Street (normally with prams) seem to love to use that one. It's also a big favourite of the pseudo-intellectual, wanky student crowd. [b']Normally something like "It's got to the stage where I think I know more about Conglomerate Business mergers than the lecturer....hahaha", then they spurt Red Bull all over their Gap sweater, (That's not an attack on every student in the world by the way, before some clown attacks my scene points).

P.S I'm sure I saw Jake at a bus stop too. It's good to see people are still using public transport, I'm a massive public transport fan.

(This is not an ironic, or wacky joke).

Exactly. And Gap sweaters fade something wicked.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Oh I fucking hate that one' date=' people who stop for a chat in the dead centre of Union Street (normally with prams) seem to love to use that one. It's also a big favourite of the pseudo-intellectual, wanky student crowd. Normally something like "It's got to the stage where I think I know more about Conglomerate Business mergers than the lecturer....hahaha", then they spurt Red Bull all over their Gap sweater, (That's not an attack on every student in the world by the way, before some clown attacks my scene points).

P.S I'm sure I saw Jake at a bus stop too. It's good to see people are still using public transport, I'm a massive public transport fan.[/quote']

I first noticed it as the wife used to say it quite a bit when we first met, until I moaned about it! Now, it seems everyone's fucking saying it and I've no idea where this all sprouted from. To take your example, why not simply start your sentence with "I think I know more about..."? People talk too much as it is without unnecessary sentence extension. Oh, here's some lyrics you'll like:

"Discuss the current literature, smoke your cigarettes and drink your cappuccino in trendy beatnik coffee houses. Your pseudo-intellectual bullshit makes murder a viable option, you worthless fuck." (Enemy Soil)

Christ, how many people spot me at bloody bus stops? Anyway, buses are fine, as long as I live in a city I have no need of a car. Nearly 30 and I've never had a single driving lesson.

"Discuss the current literature' date=' smoke your cigarettes and drink your cappuccino in trendy beatnik coffee houses. Your pseudo-intellectual bullshit makes murder a viable option, you worthless fuck." (Enemy Soil)

Christ, how many people spot me at bloody bus stops? Anyway, buses are fine, as long as I live in a city I have no need of a car. Nearly 30 and I've never had a single driving lesson.[/quote']

Haha, I certainly do like those lyrics.

And on the subject of driving, I have no desire to drive a car whatsoever. I like Top Gear and old Cheverolets, but as for actually driving anything I'm not bothered. You can't underestimate a good bus service.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
You can't underestimate a good bus service.

You certainly can't. I have to catch two buses to and from work each day. I live bang on the 17 route, but they don't call it the Ned Express/Scally Line for nothing, so a short uphill jaunt to the 23 stop it is, alight at the Castlegate (which is where all these rogue spottings seem to take place) and an invariably short wait for a 2 bus, 35-40 minutes in total tops. Lovely.