aberdeen-music

i hate being a student

catherine

Guest valley69
My favourite one where I worked use to tell you that you had a lovely flobabdobble. Whatever that meant :laughing:

i agree rainbowprincess, you are simply gorgeous.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the people themselves that make you see past it' date=' the Dementia ones are the cutest, they've got the mentality of children... My favourite one where I worked use to tell you that you had a lovely flobabdobble. Whatever that meant :laughing: [/color']

Hahaha. My wife works in a care home and she's always telling me about this certain old lady who 'pretends' to be in the constant need of walking sticks. But can regulary be seen 'jogging' in the corridors late at night

:rockon:

You work in the restaurant' date=' yes? If so, it was my counter you stole the ice off of on Sunday, haha, woo. We have a few ace people in our little bit, but a couple of assholes too, but as tv_tanned said, we're really working for the money more than any job satisfaction at this stage.[/quote']

ahh ha ha, yes that would be me! boy did they get me back after puttin ice down their backs ha, they did naughty things to me all day today!!

i have job satisfaction, and the money just makes it all the better! you must say hello next time, so i know who u are!! :D

ahh ha ha' date=' yes that would be me! boy did they get me back after puttin ice down their backs ha, they did naughty things to me all day today!!

i have job satisfaction, and the money just makes it all the better! you must say hello next time, so i know who u are!! :D[/quote']

I guessed that purely through chance- you were distinguishable because you weren't wearing green, and your name badge/screen name correlated. Probably wouldn't say anything because I suck, but you know..........

I guessed that purely through chance- you were distinguishable because you weren't wearing green' date=' and your name badge/screen name correlated. Probably wouldn't say anything because I suck, but you know..........[/quote']

i'm going to hunt you down and force u to talk to me, muwahahaa, i'm evil!! but seriously, i have no clue who u r, i kinda smile at everyone within a 2-foot radius and then i get memory-loss, so u HAVE to come say hello :nono:

Guest tv tanned

My mother cared for dementia patietns for a long time, and then autistic children.

Her ethos has always been that you should treat these people like you would want your relatives treated.

Her experience in some places, however, has resolved her never to allow her parents to be put into care homes.

Her experience in some places' date=' however, has resolved her never to allow her parents to be put into care homes.[/quote']

Fucking right. I treat loads of old sick peeps as best I can, but frankly, if it were me I'd want the Doc to push 100mg morphine stat and drop me in a ditch.....

Some nursing homes are great, and some people love 'em. Some are fucking horrific.

frankly' date=' if it were me I'd want the Doc to push 100mg morphine stat and drop me in a ditch.....[/quote']

I actually agree, whilst the staff at nursing homes try their best unfortunately there's just not enough of them to give the residents the attention they need.

The way I see it I started my life off in nappies, I don't want to end it like that...hence I'd rather go with dignity...

But maybe not be dropped in a ditch ;)

im not a fussy person. i just find no where seems to want summer staff. but when i get home ill try some of the places mentioned. marks and spencers dont take on summer staff... they want to keep you on til christmas. thats why i couldnt go back last summer.

the trouble is im 200 miles away and finding jobs that aint advertised on the net is hard. and last year when i tried looking in june after school had finished everywhere i tried (which was everywhere i saw had vacances plus all stores i had address for, i sent out 30 CV's) all said they already had summer people or werent looking. so to anyone who said its a case of getting off your arse... fuck off. i do try.

Have you got an old employer you could approach?

nope. space kitchens is not something i could go back to. and i dont think they'd take me back. 18months was enough.

m+s wont take me on for summer and my employer form last summer now lives in China and they company doesnt exsist. and the night club i work for here only has a branch in glasgow and ayr so i cant transfer.

so to anyone who said its a case of getting off your arse... fuck off. i do try.

No need to be rude now ;)

I could easily get a couple of application forms for you for my old workplace' date=' but you prolly wouldn't be interested since it's in Ferryhill, but I know they're always looking for new staff so if you want me to I will.

ARI has application forms on the net.

In the nicest possible way, being 200 miles away doesn't prevent you using the phone, try phoning around the nursing homes close to your home and ARI.

You could get a job as care assistant, cleaning staff or kitchen staff. None of which require you to have qualifications.

If you can't find something close to your home and you really want a job then you're just going to have to be willing to travel to work...

[/color']

he he....

I came in on this thread late' date=' but classic...

too lazy to travel to work, keep up those preconceptions of lazy student bastards.

excellent.[/quote']

im not to lazy to travel. but there is travelling to work and there is getting on a bus for 30 mins, then waiting 10 mins for another one to then sit on that one for 20 mins just to get to work? and thats just when its not peak hours.

i can assure anyone looking to work at ugc that it sucks. worst job i've had since telesales when i was 16.

get a job as a binman/lady. pays great and you'll be done by 11 in the morning. perfect summer job. though you'll stink a bit.

I couldn't imagine working in a cinema being that bad. What was so bad about it.