aberdeen-music

New Billy Corgan Album

Larsen B

The new Corgan album should be great. I have very high hopes for it. On the subject of best pumpkins album I would say mellon collie, as it shows lots of ambition and for me it is simply the greatest album ever made. Machina was ok, but loses it's way at the end of the album. Adore was great, but that kinda falls into the same machina trap.

As far as Zwan are concerned, I did not think a great deal of it at first, but being the Pumpkins obsessed fanatic that I am I persevered with it, and although it is not as good as prime pumpkins it's a great album in it's own right.

I am a bit surprised about B0lly's tracklisting for his album... No friends as lovers, for your love, W.P?

As for the best pumpkins album, it's either MCIS or Adore, though adore is probably about 10 minutes too long. Machina I and II really should have been one album. I can't stand the atrocious arrangement of blue skies bring tears on Machina I, the Arising! version was far better.

• 1 month later...
I am a bit surprised about B0lly's tracklisting for his album... No friends as lovers' date=' for your love, W.P? [/quote']

Friends as Lovers and For Your Love were both products of the Zwan era & performed with Zwan / Djali Zwan, so I guess they are confined to a state of existing only as live recordings, like the dozens of other Zwan tracks that didn't make it to the studio. I don't know what W.P is.

You can hear another new song' date=' A100, at his myspace page. Not as keen on this as i am on Walking Shade. Seems a bit crude and lacks melody.

Aye, I 'aquired' this track t'other day, and I'm not as taken with it as I am with Walking Shade. I don't think it's a bad track, but agree with you that it's lacking something. Maybe would have been better as a B-side. Still, the sound is in the right direction, and bodes well for the overall theme of the album.

• 3 weeks later...
Friends as Lovers and For Your Love were both products of the Zwan era & performed with Zwan / Djali Zwan' date=' so I guess they are confined to a state of existing only as live recordings, like the dozens of other Zwan tracks that didn't make it to the studio. I don't know what W.P is.[/quote']

W.P is another Djali Zwan song... I was just hoping that B0lly wouldn't throw those songs in the dustbin, as they were really good.

call me a twat, and "old school"< but the best album is Gish...and then Siamese dream...

2 years worth of material on Mellancholie just shows what an egotist Corgan is, with no "need "for editing (?!...aye, right, many an LP filler on that monster disk)..and as for the turds that trickled from them after that...say no more. (Wished he'd started a side project for that collection of dog eggs).

call me a twat' date=' and "old school"< but the best album is Gish...and then Siamese dream...

2 years worth of material on Mellancholie just shows what an egotist Corgan is, with no "need "for editing (?!...aye, right, many an LP filler on that monster disk)..and as for the turds that trickled from them after that...say no more. (Wished he'd started a side project for that collection of dog eggs).[/quote']

Twat. :cheers: We seem to very different kinds of Pumpkins fans I think Gish is absolute pish and Siamese Dream is just above average, where as Adore is amazing and Mellon Collie also, with few fillers in my opinion. I get the impression maybe you consider the heavy tracks the good ones and the less heavy tracks like 33 filler. I'm justing assuming that tho. I'm glad for Corgan's ego cause i reckon it's was gives him the ambition he has and the guts to persevere with what he wants to do rather than just please the fans, which is what resulted in Adore being such a brilliant departure from their past albums.

• 4 weeks later...

So has anyone else bought this yet? I've had for just a couple of days. I reckon Walking Shade in well placed in the middle of the second half of the album cos it is considerably weaker than the first. It's certainly a grower. Mina Loy, A100 and DIA are great songs up there with his best. One problem i have with albums overall sound is the uninspired beats. They make some of the songs much duller than they should be. May be should have roped Chamberlain in for the whole album. But overall a good album, which although a departure from his previous work, is unlikely to change anyone's perception of him.