aberdeen-music

Stranded

slippy

Dont really go and see local bands playing but heard some good reports on the local band Stranded and was wandering if anyone has seen them and if they are worth seeing.

Only band Ive seen is Tigerfin (think they are split now) who were pretty good. I know one of thier guitarists.

Also heard of the Wildcards and was wandering if they are any good.

Cheers

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me Im not a member of Stranded. Sorry for speaking. Was just asking about some local bands Id heard people talking about. I havent heard them but heard they won a Battle of the Bands to play at the Union St Hogmany Bash so they cant be that bad.

With regards to Wildcards I take it they're not that great according to 'bestink's response.

Stranded are one of the worst bands I've evr seen, made worse by having the worst fans of any band I've ever seen. Stranded are a very bl;and indie band, nothing unusual who have a rebtacrowd with them at every gig and the crowd is so bad they wont get booked by certain venues in Aberdeen based purely on the crowd, thats all you need to know about them. They willl never get anywhere outside of Aberdeen because of the fact that the fans ruin the gig for any casual observers, interstingly always makes is strange to me that a band with such a 'loyal' following as stranded don't or at least didnt have a website, how do the fans seem to know to turn up to gigs in such droves unless they're mates with the band.

Never seen the Wildcards so cant comment.

Cheers

Stuart

Trust me Im not a member of Stranded. Sorry for speaking. Was just asking about some local bands Id heard people talking about. I havent heard them but heard they won a Battle of the Bands to play at the Union St Hogmany Bash so they cant be that bad.

With regards to Wildcards I take it they're not that great according to 'bestink's response.

They won the battle of the bands by bringing the most mates, in fact in the first heat they were the worst band and at least one of the acts had nothing negative said about them, whereas Stranded did, however that act was not what they were looking for and didnt bring enough rentacrowd mates.

I would never put on a gig with stranded or allow anyone i manage to be anywhere near one of their gigs because of their fans who spent the whole night of the BOTB slagging off the other bands when they played live and trying to put them off, showing no respect for the other acts.

Cheers

Stuart

stranded have that song that goes

bah, bah, ba-bah, ba-badda-bah

bah, bah, ba-bah, ba-badda-bah

etc..

they're ok i guess

only seen them the once at the BOTB Final in the Loft..

one of their mates said that Hot Mangu shouldve won

but i think the judges were a bit intimidated by the number of people that came to see them

Stranded are one of the worst bands I've ever seen' date=' made worse by having the worst fans of any band I've ever seen. Stranded are a very bland indie band, nothing unusual who have a rentacrowd with them at every gig and the crowd is so bad they wont get booked by certain venues in Aberdeen based purely on the crowd, thats all you need to know about them. They will never get anywhere outside of Aberdeen because of the fact that the fans ruin the gig for any casual observers, interstingly always makes is strange to me that a band with such a 'loyal' following as stranded don't or at least didnt have a website, how do the fans seem to know to turn up to gigs in such droves unless they're mates with the band.[/quote']

Shit we r playing with them tonight!!!

should i get ready for all the heckles and taunts from an unwilling audience? :down:

or just pretend they are all standing there in their yellow staind yfronts clutching a can of super tennents :D

Shit we r playing with them tonight!!!

should i get ready for all the heckles and taunts from an unwilling audience? :down:

or just pretend they are all standing there in their yellow staind yfronts clutching a can of super tennents :D

To be fair you might not find it too much of a problem as it isnt a Battle of the Bands type situation, but I'd still be wary of the crowd, if they're similar to the crowd they had last time, several people were very worried about fights breaking out if Stranded didnt win.

Cheers

Stuart

Thanks for the info it is just a straight forward gig. I ll try and not make too much eye contact lol.

I just hope its a good night with not too much macho bravado going on :help:

bit gutted i can t make it to the moorings tho i ve never seen karloff live before

Stranded are a decent band and I like them' date=' they guys in the band are all very nice people. They played us exactly 1 year ago...

...BUT their crowd were a fuckin nightmare, so sadly life is too short to invite them back. They really need to sort that out.[/quote']

Must've used a lot of concrete that night then, eh? :p