aberdeen-music

class divide, aberdeen scene.

Ollie

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Neubeatz
what in the christing name of god is up with the aberdeen scene..it seem to be seperated by 'pretentious' art crap that couldnt be art if it tried where daddy's bank balance means that you have the right to act above anyone. Fair play nice instruments but dear lord learn to use them. Then theres the skint bands who actually get noticed outside of the skankhole' date=' thanks.[/quote']

I think I can relate to that in some ways, and indeed have previously felt those feelings, but you wont change anything by posting on the bbz,

However if you were to artfully craft those thoughts and feelings into a powerful sensitive and dynamic piece, or a catchy three chorder, or some bo' art, then there is much more chance of your ideas being appreciated, ;)

Check again Mr Blastcaps reply, personally I think thats where its at, ;)

Guest Zeenat Aman

Check again Mr Blastcaps reply' date=' personally I think thats where its at, ;)[/quote']

This is often the case I find. He's a smart cookie!

Guest Zeenat Aman
I think age also plays a part. The older you get' date=' you accumulate lots of stuff, well and might lose some hair on the way[/quote']

I find myself streamlining more, I have less junk than when I was 18 say!

I also think i'm turning a bit Peter Green, as I feel guilty if I have too much stuff. Charity shops have benefited from this lately.

Guest Zeenat Aman
Haha I love how this thread has dramtically changed...also how my jokey comment has been misinterpreted..

Tangents is what aberdeen-music.com does best, along with hate, ignorance and general crapness.

have to say that this is a pretty damn good thread and its amazing what arguements people come up with' date=' however i feel im too dumb to come up with something witty so ill just sit here and scratch my head[/quote']

yeh but why are TV in the firing line again????

Dont confuse him' date=' he's getting old, you can't expect hm to make too much sense, ;)

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

everyone is getting old every second of their life are they not? even wee babies

baby karma WTF!!!!! they are hilariously awful shite btw! :D

i think YOU are the scene, i shit in your face

/\ Spot on that man' date=' if anything, the 'kidz' will sell their expensive gear on second hand at a reduced priced when it's time to go to Uni, or something else comes along; bargain city!

There are a lot of pretentious art-punks though.[/quote']

Your last sentence there is one of the truest things ever said.

Guest Zeenat Aman
of course its true' date=' the very nature of ''art-punks'' is to be pretentious

theres an intrinsic link between the two

its like saying theres a lot of cars with petrol in them

whats the point of that?[/quote']

What about "art - indo-jazz - folkies"?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

having read this thread several times I think I must chip in with an entirely unique and worthwhile opinion:

- who cares if people are rich or poor?

- if you were rich wouldn't YOU want a good guitar?

I hope you have found my input enjoyable and invaluable.

Oh, and another thing - who cares if people are rich or poor?

having read this thread several times I think I must chip in with an entirely unique and worthwhile opinion:

- who cares if people are rich or poor?

- if you were rich wouldn't YOU want a good guitar?

I hope you have found my input enjoyable and invaluable.

Oh' date=' and another thing - who cares if people are rich or poor?[/quote']

its snobbery and inverse snobbery

both suck

hence my point bout the thread being shite

but it turned out funny :D

Well personally my most expensive guitar ever cost 215, in 1989 (Kramer Striker ST100) + 80 for an EMG humbucker, and currently my multi FX unit is my priciest piece of gear (210, haggled down 20), but we have played with a lot of bands with MUCH more expensive gear, and have blatantly outperformed them, usually because it's all about the songs and the sound, not the gear. Some local bands with expensive gear are good, many are dull, but skint people are hungrier, literally, and that can make for better entertainment.