aberdeen-music

class divide, aberdeen scene.

Ollie

Thanks for the reply' date=' seems a bit of a rip off for those that pay to apply and so on though. I wonder what Del's knowledge on the matter is!?

stir baby stir

But remember...PRODUCT_zammo_400.jpg

indeed, theres no way anyone should even contemplate paying to apply or to go there, simply on principle

but if its free, then go, cos its a feckin experience if nout else

alternatively its a good thing to go and watch as part of an actual holiday, best festival Ive been too for diversity, we were watching at least 6 bands a nite from all over the world, and good to see huge famous bands playing in dodgy pubs with shit PAs basically....some were really bad!

...and Ive no idea what Dels take is on it, but Im sure he has one :D

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zeenat Aman
indeed' date=' theres no way anyone should even contemplate paying to apply or to go there, simply on principle

but if its free, then go, cos its a feckin experience if nout else

alternatively its a good thing to go and watch as part of an actual holiday, best festival Ive been too for diversity, we were watching at least 6 bands a nite from all over the world, and good to see huge famous bands playing in dodgy pubs with shit PAs basically....some were really bad!

...and Ive no idea what Dels take is on it, but Im sure he has one :D[/quote']

Ehehehe... being honest, I was told some misinformation about the Real Shocks SXSW adventures, so I thought I'd be a smart ass, but it's back fired cos what I got told has turned out to be bollocks!

:laughing::dunce:

You live and you learn!

Ehehehe... being honest' date=' I was told some [i']misinformation about the Real Shocks SXSW adventures, so I thought I'd be a smart ass, but it's back fired cos what I got told has turned out to be bollocks!

:laughing::dunce:

You live and you learn!

just ask next time !

what were we supposed to have done / not done ?????

to be honest we never really wanted to go cos we realised its for famous bands really, and the trip was kinda wasted on useless twats like us (theres definately more deserving bands out there)....but we enjoyed the mini holiday aspect of it......pissed for days and days and lotsa laughs!....and getting two fairly imposing gigs under our belts was kinda good for us

nothing beats gigging abroad - not one mate in the crowd

maybe other people took the fact we went a lot more seriously than us??? I did sense the local hate when we came home like! :love:

Guest Zeenat Aman
just ask next time !

what were we supposed to have done / not done ?????

to be honest we never really wanted to go cos we realised its for famous bands really' date=' and the trip was kinda wasted on useless twats like us (theres definately more deserving bands out there)....but we enjoyed the mini holiday aspect of it......pissed for days and days and lotsa laughs!....and getting two fairly imposing gigs under our belts was kinda good for us

nothing beats gigging abroad - not one mate in the crowd

maybe other people took the fact we went a lot more seriously than us??? I did sense the local hate when we came home like! :love:[/quote']

Basically... that you played to an audience of 20 odd people and the whole pay to play thing, there's been a few roomurrs, zzzzzz... I hated you lot when you came back, but only because Sharon went on and on and on and on and on about it, especially the FF name dropping! :D

She'll kill me for saying this, but Sharon treads a fine line between being a groupie/playing in a band!

:p

feel free to bitch slap me!!!

Basically... that you played to an audience of 20 odd people and the whole pay to play thing' date=' there's been a few roomurrs, zzzzzz... I hated you lot when you came back, but only because Sharon went on and on and on and on and on about it, especially the FF name dropping! :D

She'll kill me for saying this, but Sharon treads a fine line between being a groupie/playing in a band!

:p

feel free to bitch slap me!!!

och well thats what happens when someone does anything interesting, everyone decides it must be shite anyway.....which is fair enough.......the knives have been out for us for us since that big synth player bloke was asked to quit, so we expect lotsa local shit ...serves us fucking right...

in defence of shaz, it was all pretty odd/extreme out there given how grey life in the deen can be for a nineteen year old posh girl who had only ever played 3 gigs in her life

she does have a 'mute' button somewhere apparently and is waaaaay cooler noo

but anyway, your right....shell fucking kill you :help:

Guest Zeenat Aman

in defence of shaz' date=' it was all pretty odd/extreme out there given how grey life in the deen can be for a nineteen year old posh girl who had only ever played 3 gigs in her life

she does have a 'mute' button somewhere apparently and is waaaaay cooler noo

but anyway, your right....shell fucking kill you :help:[/quote']

I went(aged 28 I think)to new orleans for a few weeks, then came back with an interest in Hare Krishna, so yeah America does strange things to people!!!. :D

I rarely talk/see shar now, or anyone for that matter, but I dont want to die before October thanks!

:cheers:

I went(aged 28 I think)to new orleans for a few weeks' date=' then came back with an interest in Hare Krishna, so yeah America does strange things to people!!!. :D

I rarely talk/see shar now, or anyone for that matter, but I dont want to die before October thanks!

:cheers:[/quote']

Im interested in Hare Krishna and Buddism at the moment, probably just cos Im surrounded by death....but thats another thread

Have you become a hermit? She'll still find you in your house of twigs and moss, you are so fecking dead!!!

Sharmaine: yes... ha bloody ha... thanks for taking the time to right about me and my nazi attitudes.. I enjoyed each word and grasped a breast in each hand... occasionally glancing in the mirror as I did so.. recording my own movement on camcorder so I could watch myself later as I listened to the German national anthem. Zeig Hail.

You clever boys never fail to amuse me. Friends with my old pal Zombie Munch by any chance? He spent a good few hours writing about my german adventures too... lush.

Phil: You wretched postie... I'll have your guts for guitar strings.

I'll find you... I always find you.

I enjoyed each word and grasped a breast in each hand... occasionally glancing in the mirror as I did so.. recording my own movement on camcorder so I could watch myself later as I listened to the German national anthem. Zeig Hail.

Will you be selling copies of this at the Videos gig?????? :love:

I'm still booze-free at the moment' date=' but I take zero exercise and eat rubbish...must change bad habits.[/quote']

yeah you cant do it just by stopping drinking pints, i still have the odd session but usually drink whiskey n diet coke or red wine (not together i hasten to add!) but since i've started on these pills i have to cut out booze completely. even walking is decent exercise, i walk to the supermarket instead of driving now. as the advert says 'a small change of habit makes a big change of heart' (or something like that) i eat three mrals a day and snack on fruit

it isnt easy though since i've started on these pills its given me an extra push, i figure i can become a part time alcoholic again when i've lost the weight i want to lose, i have an article in the sun about a guy who lost 12 stone in a year and use that as inspiration - i got a clean bill of health from the doc recently which somewhat suprised me so its time i shed the weight once and for all, i've already lost well over half a stone.

and the good news for me was that my 25 year smoking habit has not affected my health one bit so i shall continue to enjoy me fags (he says lighting up a royals superkings as he types)

only downside of the pills is that they play havoc with your bowels, i am producing the stinkiest farts of my life but according to the doc this is a normal side effect when you start the programme!

It's tough near your bottom, then????? :nono:

To get to the thread point (which I haven't done yet). I'm with those who couldn't care less about gear...if it's a one-stringed guitar with a warped neck and split seams, you should still be able to wring a song out of it. I also don't actually notice expensive gear, so I don't get worked up about it. (Same with cars......I manage to remain unimpressed with them....suppose it comes from having a mechanic as a Dad).