aberdeen-music

TV just hit an all-time low...

I can't believe what Im seeing here on the telly. BBC1

Britains Streets Of Vice

"Smack Alley: Illegal drugs are not Britains most lucrative Vice. Sally Magnusson uncovers the damage that drug abusers cause to themselves and to their communities as many resort to crime."

This has got to be one of the shittest and most pointless shows ever to 'grace' television. A fly on the wall following about 6 hard drug users, showing them using and preparing drugs like heroin, and pointing out the areas or 'squats' that junkies congregate in.

I don't know if this is the BBC's attempt at being edgy, controversial, real or modern but it's got to be the worst programme Ive seen in a long time. I can't believe people are made to pay 126 a year for shit like this.

Guest MarkJDelaney

I quite like programs like that to be honest. On the streets, real kinda stuff. The Beeb aren't too bad at to be honest, and this isn't the first of it's kind.

TV should glorify class-A drugs more often.

do you mean like that cocaine advert that's always on?

instead of warning me away from the stuff, that ad makes me want to go find a big supply of it and snort till my septum falls out. they should come up with better adverts than that.

and on the topic of the thread, i'd say 95% of what's on tv isn't worth watching. boo :down:

Better watching was the thing on channel 5 about "Supergrass" Paul Grimes, a guy who was involved in the liverpool mob scene, and ratted out the key players as their cargo was drugs, which he was strongly opposed to after losing his son to heroin. Funny how no matter where he went in liverpool, people were wanting to kill him. Maybe heroin has some life preserving additive we are unaware of!!

TV is getting worse, getting sickened by this glamorisation of the "Chavs"...writing it off as nothing more than a dress sense, a dress sense which I first saw in the above mentioned town, by people brandishing crow bars and golf clubs, and these scum are now rearing their heads all over the place, do you think neds/chavs/scallies/whatever are thinking "like my burberry?" no, they're thinking "lets go fucking smash some skulls in"....maybe they need to do a documentary on the effect of youth gangs (all of whom resemble the chav they portray as a glamerous septum-less freak) on broken communities....the area I grew up in has been completely over ruled by the bastards and looks like its been hit with a Tsunami...

Re: that smack alley...sure I've seen that woman down near the lock up shouting "ye looking fer bizniss!!" ;) ugly fuckers...junkies....

did you see the show on before smack alley with skint people hawking stuff at cash converters and the minky family who had to go to court for beating up cops and then the dad was surprised when his kid was excluded from school.

Yea, i was equally pissed off that the BBC had the nerve to put two such shite shows on back to back, it was trashy TV at the worst. At least it didn't show the explicit use of clas a drugs, how to prepare and where to enject them.

I must say, I'd rather watch a documentary about junkies and their effect on their communities than 'Big Brother' or 'Celebrity Fat Club' or 'The Games' or whatever other bullshit they show.

At least by watching a documentary one might get a bit of an insight into a different way of life. What is there to learn from watching Jade Goody eat Cockroach larvae?

Guest AmbientMood
Yea' date=' i was equally pissed off that the BBC had the nerve to put two such shite shows on back to back, it was trashy TV at the worst.[/quote']

It doesn't sound that trashy. I can't imagine the BBC glamorised this stuff:

AIBERDEENS JUNKIEST JUNKIES!

I actually found a BBC programme that followed a few heroin addicts around quite graphically disgusting recently, it was tragic to see what a shitter of a life this one guy led. Maybe you were watching Judge Judy at the time.

At least it didn't show the explicit use of clas a drugs, how to prepare and where to enject them. Oh for the love of goodness, what if the children had seen it!

Seems like you're pissed off about having nothing to be pissed off about.

It doesn't sound that trashy. I can't imagine the BBC glamorised this stuff:

I actually found a BBC programme that followed a few heroin addicts around quite graphically disgusting recently' date=' it was tragic to see what a shitter of a life this one guy led. Maybe you were watching Judge Judy at the time.

Seems like you're pissed off about having nothing to be pissed off about.[/quote']

Nicely put

Aye ok.....

You get lessons about drugs from first year to fourth year in school... but even then i'd never explicitly seen how to prepare and inject heroin. In the documentary it showed a junkie preparing heroin from scratch, 'train spotting', sticking it in his arm, injecting then eating some crisps as if it were nothing. What sort of thing's that to be broadcasting on national television? It also showed you some bint inject straight into her groin which is "the most dangerous place to inject" and a guy smoking crack. REALLY CLEVER!

My biggest rant is that every household pays upwards of 100 for a years worth of TV and the money goes straight in to filming a bunch of hobos begging outside some poor grannies house. Of everything on TV I watch about 1 hour a week, and its usually not even on the terrestrial channels.

At least they've changed the broadcast time to a more reasonable hour.