aberdeen-music

goosebumps

Gumpy

I love the film of the Omen' date=' so at some point I [b']must read the book. I always end up preferring it :)

I'm just a bookworm.

The book's even scarier than the film... not too many books can do that. "The Shining" is a much better film than book, as is "Carrie". Maybe it's just Stephne King though!

The book's even scarier than the film... not too many books can do that. "The Shining" is a much better film than book' date=' as is "Carrie". Maybe it's just Stephne King though![/quote']

Carrie's a great book, as is the Green Mile.

Oh and Jaws the book is also far better than the film.

• 3 weeks later...
"The Shining" is a much better film than book

You have to be kidding! The book rawks ass over the film. The hedge animals, the party guests, the elevator... hell, the incident with the fire hose (read the book) had me fucking gripped, more than any annoying child wandering around waggling his finger. :laughing:

You have to be kidding! The book rawks ass over the film. The hedge animals' date=' the party guests, the elevator... hell, the incident with the fire hose (read the book) had me fucking gripped, more than any annoying child wandering around waggling his finger. :laughing:[/quote']

:laughing: I've yet to read the Shining, been meaning to for ages - I liked the film, but I reckon as with most Stephen King stories the book would prolly be alot better.

Anyone who's seen the Green Mile but hasn't read the book has only just scratched the surface of it. It's incredibly well written and really moving.

Did no-one read Shivers? by M.D. Spencer? Lol' date=' goosebumps were fun to read but Shivers was my fave...The terrible terror book (i think it was called) was my fave lol and One Foot In the Grave - oh those evil gypsy women[/quote']

The one about the dolls in the attic terrifies me to this day. I read it once, and I was never brave enough to read it again.