aberdeen-music

VIOLENT MINDS (USA) & RESTLESS YOUTH (NL) SAT MAY 7TH

Dizzy Storm

Drakes Productions & Black Box Records presents...

VIOLENT MINDS (US)

fast and raw thrash influenced HC from Philadelphia. Violent Minds successfully borrow the sound of early 80's NYC hardcore and use it to mould raw, thick sounding, fast-paced songs of their own. with gruff and hostile vocals courtesy of Zach of ex Shark Attack

www.wolfbloodrecords.com www.mywarrecords.com

RESTLESS YOUTH (NL)

Restless Youth are the latest band to burst out of a thriving Dutch hardcore scene - following the likes of Downslide , Abusive Action & Nothing Done. Instead of taking the late 80's for inspiration - RY have looked further back and blended a love of the Bad Brains, Dead Kennedys and Goverment Issue. This is complete hardcore worship born out of Friday night hang-outs and jamming Bad Brains covers.

www.completecontrolrecords.com

support from FILTHPACT - total crust violence www.filthpact.com

more supports tbc

SAT 7TH MAY

VENUE & TBC

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

this show will be taking place at THE PELICAN, (basement of Hotel Metro, Market Street)

confirmed supports....

KADDISH a welcome return from this dundee screamo hardcore outfit...for fans of Norma Jean, Converge, although they also draw influences from black metal, through to Slint and Shipping News...

FILTHPACT total crust violence

SAT 7TH MAY

DOORS 8PM

yas min' date=' i have that night off.

to confirm, saturday night, in the pelican?! great bill alone, let alone stunning choice of venue.[/quote']

i want to hear you say YAS MIN in person. enthusiastically as well. half arsed attempts shall be deemed unbworthy and forrefwith forgotten about. i typed that entire sentence so see if i could spell forfwith. i think i fucking failed.

and a great opportunity to mingle with the clientele of the Metro nightclub at kicking out time!!!

yeah we have the venue from 8 till 1 (also allowing for soundchecks from 5pm) so im also looking for a filler dj inbetween bands a la drakes stylee...!!

PELICAN CLUB? Now that IS fuckin' YAS: ace-ic, even. It's been years since there have been gigs at the Pelican (as far as I know). I recall losing a significant portion of a finger there, once. Grew back, though.

The place smelt (in a good way?).