aberdeen-music

FAO: All the road runners.

A nice article from msn about speed cameras.

Myth 1: One in five drivers believe you can drive fast enough to beat a speed camera.

The reality is that the vehicle would need to be travelling at 171mph or above to technically 'outrun' a standard speed camera; few cars on the road are capable of that kind of speed. Even if you do have such a car, attempting this is a very high risk strategy, as just 1 mph below 171 and well its safe to say that most judges take a very dim view indeed of drivers who drive 100 mph over the limit and you will end up in the clink for quite some time.

Myth 2: Speed cameras can't take photos of reflective number plates.

This story comes around on a regular basis. Tests show there's no plate on the market that can outsmart a speed camera.

Myth 3: Speed cameras can only catch cars in the left-hand lane.

If only Speed cameras take shots across all lanes (you will see the marker lines on the road). If you are on a single lane carriageway and move onto the opposite site of the road in the hope of avoiding the camera, you will not only still risk getting caught speeding, but could of course face a further motoring offence.

Guest Cowboy Dan

I always shit myself with speed cameras and end up slowing down to about 10mph under the limit. I love seeing other people getting flashed, especially when they've been driving up your arse for ages and go to overtake you just before the speed camera...!

Guest tv tanned
HAHAHAHA! :laughing:

that is fucking genius. So simple yet I'd never heard of it being done before. Man I am gonna do that all the time.

Just make sure they're not too close to you, or you'll slam into the back of them as they brake...

Just get a couple of mates to stand next to the speed camera with digital cameras at night....2 flashes....then watch drivers shit their pants....its great fun when your drunk

could be worth a try....now to walk to the middle of no-where for a good camera with a hiding place

If they only flash once then they are the dud cameras to make you shit your pants, they must flash twice because two pictures are required to get photographic proof of your speed...

Also, they don't go off til you hit 83 on the dual carriageways (70mph zone)...i know because I acciendally went through one at 82mph by accident!!

I always shit myself with speed cameras and end up slowing down to about 10mph under the limit. I love seeing other people getting flashed' date=' especially when they've been driving up your arse for ages and go to overtake you just before the speed camera...![/quote']

Do you slow down right at the camera, or when you first spot it? If you slow right down at the camera, your the kind of driver i hate driving behind, as you could cause more of a risk by slowing down suddenly then staying at the speed you were going at before.

I just slow down to 70 in the area of the markings for the speed camera, they need to catch you doing a constant speed for the distance, so if you slow down to just under 70 in the designated distance you'll be fine.

I just slow down to 70 in the area of the markings for the speed camera

Well if you are speeding you will get caught.....if you brake on the line marking area it means shit....cause the camera is a timing device with it set to take your speed as you approach the camera.....if you pass through the camera at over 83MPH then it will trigger the first flash.....then time the second flash to see the distance u have travelled.....but seriously there is no point in braking on the white lines....i hate all drivers who do that....it pisses me the fuck off