aberdeen-music

The good old days

Guest Bob

This site used to be great, it used to be fantastic. It really did, but it's all gone down the fucking toilet since the early days. I'm sick of it.

Who remembers the good old days of aberdeen-music? The aberdeen-music without the constant bickering and fighting we see today, an aberdeen-music where everyone got along in perfect harmony? An aberdeen-music, that although less busy, was a much happier place.

If you don't beleive me, check out this archive of the old site.

aberdeen-music.com

I think we could all learn something from this.

*stirs*

What WAS punk' date=' then, Shaz????? :D[/quote']

oh no i didnt argue about what is punk (how could i, i dunno what it is...dont care that much for it!) i think i was just sticking up for the venue (and very drunk whilst doing it me thinks!) jeeves originally complained that the local support bands we put on with the (mostly) crusty punk bands weren't into it/weren't punk enough/left before the other bands come on blah blah blah and it turned into a wee bit of drakes slagging!!

the purple and gold bravenet fudge forum was the choice of the more disserning souls. :)

i spelt that wrong' date=' didn't i? i think i have some kind of dyslexia sometimes. or did i get it right? the more i look at it, the weirder it looks... . . . .[/quote']

Discerning. Just so you can sleep at night. ;)

This site used to be great' date=' it used to be fantastic. It really did, but it's all gone down the fucking toilet since the early days. I'm sick of it.

If you don't beleive me, check out this archive of the old site.

aberdeen-music.com

I think we could all learn something from this.

Is it just me or are there only about 6 threads on that website?

The day I get nostalgic over a message-board is the day I hack off my left foot with a cleaver and ram it up my nose, with the intention of crushing my brain. Things seems much the same as ever, except a few of the former regulars now have better things to do with their time and some of those bands no longer exist. I'd shed a tear for the 'good, old days', but they weren't really that great, and I yielded pretty much fuck-all from my efforts during that time, so I'd prefer to look ahead towards bigger and better things...

thank you.

you are correct mr mcfacto

everyone else is wrong... apart from maybe Hog.. Ruptured Spleen were ace..

but yeah.. down with everyone..

positive change

that's all that is required

stop looking behind you

walk forward

everything's going to be fine

there once was this message board.. it changed... bla bla bla...

the 'good old days' weren't necessarily better than the present..

in a few years people will say.. it was much better back in 2005. i wish we could go back there again. but you cant can you?! the 'good old days' shaped the present day

so if the present is so bad then how could the past have been better?

oh and... this is a message board...

that is all.

:up: