aberdeen-music

Gail Porter tries to kill herself!

Hog

Depressed TV star Gail Porter has attempted to take her own life, according to a report in The Sun newspaper.

The one-time model and former presenter of The Big Breakfast and Dead Famous is alleged to have swallowed some 30 pills before admitting herself to a north London hospital, where she had her stomach pumped.

The Sun reports she had also cut her wrists in what seems to have been a "cry for help" following a last-ditch attempt to rescue her marriage to former Toploader guitarist Dan Hipgrave.

The couple have a daughter, Honey.

A friend told the newspaper, "Gail and Dan tried to work through their problems to save the marriage, but it has finally come to an end.

"She got a bit confused and was feeling very down over he break-up."

Gail, who will celebrate her 34th birthday tomorrow, is said to have taken the overdose last week.

She received emergency treatment before being referred to a psychiatrist and booking an appointment at celebrity clinic The Priory, whose famous clients have included Tara Palmer-Tomkinson and Kate Moss.

The Sun article said estranged husband Dan had a new girlfriend.

He has insisted Gail is not unwell, saying: "I have seen her since she left hospital and she is

Guest Jake Wifebeater
people who want to kill themselves don't usually take the pills then go to hospital.

Absolutely bang on the money. It's not too difficult to distinguish between a genuine suicide attempt and an attention-seeking pill-popper/wrist-scratcher.

Guest Ancient Mariner
Absolutely bang on the money. It's not too difficult to distinguish between a genuine suicide attempt and an attention-seeking pill-popper/wrist-scratcher.

that's a myth always rolled out by aloof, insensitive amateur psychologists who want to appear above the pathetic despair of "mental midgets". Unless you're in the medical profession, you don't know how many pills it would take to kill you. There's often cases of people who have succeeded on as little as 10 pills, so others think this is an effective and easy way of doing it.

And yes, i know you work with people like this, but i disagree with the condemning of everyone who fails with a suicide attempt

Guest Jake Wifebeater
And yes' date=' i know you work with people like this, but i disagree with the condemning of everyone who fails with a suicide attempt[/quote']

I'm not trying to appear aloof at all, it's just that you can get very jaded and cynical when you see what goes on on a regular basis. You do learn that it's counter-productive to feed into it too much. You should be neither sympathetic nor unsympathetic. I'm not condemning it, but I'm sure as hell not condoning it.

I've seen one genuine attempt. He succeeded, my 21-year-old best friend. Pretty traumatic at the time, but the years do heal.

that's a myth always rolled out by aloof' date=' insensitive amateur psychologists who want to appear above the pathetic despair of "mental midgets". Unless you're in the medical profession, you don't know how many pills it would take to kill you. There's often cases of people who have succeeded on as little as 10 pills, so others think this is an effective and easy way of doing it.

And yes, i know you work with people like this, but i disagree with the condemning of everyone who fails with a suicide attempt[/quote']

Gail Porter took around 30 pills.

Coming from someone who has suffered severe depression,I have never tried to go down that line. If I did, I would swallow 100 pills and jump off a very high building. Although, I would never do that because I like to live. When Im old I still want to be around trying to use these boards to get laid.

I know Jake may come across as insensitive but I think hes just trying to say that in his line of work he has to distinguish the difference between an attention seeker and a person whos coming it. Jake is actually a very understanding guy (dont get emo Hog)

Well' date=' she shouldn't have married that wank from that wanky band.

And who calls their kid "Honey"?! Are they trying to be Hollywood??[/quote']

aye exactly

she was a woefully bad tv presenter, a friend of mine produced her doing a voice over once and said 'she was awful we had to do about 20 takes, still it wasnt right....'

she always came across a decent lass mind....

thats what happens when you marry a member of toploader - you have been warned....

thanks for the warning, I'll make a point of not marrying a member of toploader, or buying their album or even listening to their music. Just to be on the safe side.

She only came to prominance 'cos of her FHM shoot. I always thought she was(is) gorgeous.

thanks for the warning' date=' I'll make a point of not marrying a member of toploader, or buying their album or even listening to their music. Just to be on the safe side.

She only came to prominance 'cos of her FHM shoot. I always thought she was(is) gorgeous.[/quote']

aye no doubting her babe-ness, yes i think the government should start bombarding the kids with a 'dont marry members of crap bands' campaign....