aberdeen-music

incredible string band at drummonds?

*remembers the night we supported Ulytau' date=' using dulcimer/sitar etc, and nods in agreement*[/quote']

I'd put a lot of those problems down to the "wonderful" and "experienced" sound engineer the band brought with them. All the engineers that worked with them that week have commented on his unique approach to equalisation.*

It took him two days to soundcheck the band in another venue.

*tranlate as:couldn't EQ for shit.

Guest Zeenat Aman
I'd put a lot of those problems down to the "wonderful" and "experienced" sound engineer the band brought with them. All the engineers that worked with them that week have commented on his unique approach to equalisation.*

*tranlate as:couldn't EQ for shit.

When I said ill suited, I was meaning more that the venue's lay out is'nt very good for intimate acoustic gigs, and the general customer at drummonds tends to be a noisy - non listening one as well.

The sound people are always very helpful though! :D

WOW do you have a contact number for him? You know just in case we decide to go with soundchecks again. Would be good to have someone that can stay awake for 2 days at a streach going "OK let's hear the kickdrum one more time."

WOW do you have a contact number for him? You know just in case we decide to go with soundchecks again. Would be good to have someone that can stay awake for 2 days at a streach going "OK let's hear the kickdrum one more time."

Unfortunately he was from Khazakhstan(sp?) and I'm not sure if they have phones there. I'm pretty sure they don't have PAs.

p.s. No point trying to butter me up Philip, I don't work there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Kitchen Cynics Orchestra are looking forward (nervously) to Saturday night. We will be playing the following instruments......ukelin (weird US instrument with 32 strings from the 1930s), Phono fiddle...one stringed horn instrument from the 20s, a 1980s Casio, flute, melodica and cello (vintage uncertain), New Orleans slide kazoo, Mike-bone (weird hybrid trombone thing). No sitar or dulcimer, as they have mated and are busy nesting.

The Mastrick harp might make a second appearance, after its debut at the Pantsuit, Maj.Matt Mason gig.

Guest Zeenat Aman
My computer doesn't cope with pdf files...what's the gist' date=' Zeenat????[/quote']

21 channels to be used only by them, their equipment must remain plugged in after soundcheck and no one is to move any of it with out permission and so on. :D

Guest Zeenat Aman
What do we use.....2 mike channels' date=' one ukelin D/I, one lead gtr D/I, one acoustic gtr D/I, one cello D/I....

....6 channels in all.....or have I missed something out? Will there be enough D/I boxes, d'you think?

(Apologies all....this should be a PM!)[/quote']

Ehehehehe... dont be worrying Alan, it'll all be fine. :D