aberdeen-music

Stayover live track from the moorings

The Milner

Meatloaf said an interview (if anyone questions why I was reading a meatloaf interview...i was bored :p) that if you were able to talk/walk/party after a gig' date=' then you hadn't done the gig properly - his philosophy is that you should be completely knackered after a gig, otherwise you haven't gave the audience their moneys worth.

It's definitely not a bad thing that they were knackered after a 50 minute set, anyway :)[/quote']

Stayover aren't massively overweight and hairy - to my knowledge - and also dont play hour and a half sets to thousands of people...

what's your point?

Stayover aren't massively overweight and hairy - to my knowledge - and also dont play hour and a half sets to thousands of people...

what's your point?

His point is that whether your playing a 30 minute set or a 3 hour set to a crowd of 5 or 30000 crowd you should give it all you have thats what makes it worth going to see a band. As for Meat Loaf being overweight actually he's not the size everyone thinks he is, he's certainly under the weight now of a lot of people who slag him. I'd say well done to Stayover for giving it everything they've got. Maybe the Videos could learn something if they're coming offstage nice and relaxed, then again Stayover are all young guys, dont want any of your band having a heart attack - the world can't afford to lose any more genii after the loss of Dave Allen ;)

Cheers

Stuart

I'd say well done to Stayover for giving it everything they've got.

Well cheers.

At the end of the day I think this argument is ridiculous' date=' we do things the way we see fit and although we're always learning new things, we've been around long enough to know what we're doing. We're certainly not going to have people tell us how much energy we should or shouldn't put into our live shows, how many cups of water we should bring onstage or other such trivial nonsense.

As for anyone claiming any of us were making "excuses" I have to say - rubbish! There is a huge difference between matter-of-factly explaining that my voice was hoarse on the night and saying "You can't judge this because I had a sore throat at the time and that's not fair!"

I could have lived without even mentioning it but since someone suggested I put the song up a few intervals (an interesting and fair point) I thought I'd point out that my voice is generally better in the lower register than the recording might suggest.

To analyse a local band's live recording with such nit-picking and over analysis is completely pointless and that is why Milner, in his previous post, was only bringing up the seemingly forgotten point - IT'S A [b']LIVE RECORDING!

What do you guys really expect?

Guest Zeenat Aman

I just didn't like the song(which is fair enough), my comments about the sound were, on reflection, silly... anything else was just meant as light hearted banter.

Bands should musically do as they wish, and everyone else can either enjoy or un-enjoy the results.

Peace and good will to all and sundry. :)

To analyse a local band's live recording with such nit-picking and over analysis is completely pointless and that is why Milner' date=' in his previous post, was only bringing up the seemingly forgotten point - IT'S A [b']LIVE RECORDING!

What do you guys really expect?

Doesn't change the fact the song is shit... it'd still be shit if you recorded it in a studio.

:D

From the posts so far, I'd say that , without even hearing the band, stayover must be going somewhere and getting some attention. Each and every time an aberdeen band starts to raise it's game above the rest of the shite, the snipers and green eyed monsters crawl out from under their rocks to slag them off and bring them back down to their level.

Just remember guys, success and competence and talent are alien to most of the posters on here and if you display any of it, you will be attacked, shunned and critised.

It's jealousy pure and simple, the same jealousy and hatred of success that leads them to attack just about every mainstream band simply because they make some money and people actually like to buy their records.

Rise above it. It means you're doing something right. Flash too.

From the posts so far' date=' I'd say that , without even hearing the band, stayover must be going somewhere and getting some attention. Each and every time an aberdeen band starts to raise it's game above the rest of the shite, the snipers and green eyed monsters crawl out from under their rocks to slag them off and bring them back down to their level.

Just remember guys, success and competence and talent are alien to most of the posters on here and if you display any of it, you will be attacked, shunned and critised.

It's jealousy pure and simple, the same jealousy and hatred of success that leads them to attack just about every mainstream band simply because they make some money and people actually like to buy their records.

Rise above it. It means you're doing something right. Flash too.[/quote']

ahem

(damm 8 characters)

Guest Zeenat Aman
From the posts so far' date=' I'd say that , without even hearing the band, stayover must be going somewhere and getting some attention. Each and every time an aberdeen band starts to raise it's game above the rest of the shite, the snipers and green eyed monsters crawl out from under their rocks to slag them off and bring them back down to their level.

Or they may have listened to the track and just not liked what they heard!

hmmm nice post...but then you can't say just because people dislike music it's because they are jealous. Though a lot of times you do see mainstream bands get a lot of shit when they become big and I guess the same thing happens here to an extent...

...long thread...

i would suggest that anyone jealous of stayover is probably in need of some form of medical help!

its all about taste innit? i'm sure they're not losing much sleep over folk like burnham calling them 'utter shite' and to be fair she posted exactly why she thought they were shite earlier in the post.

Guest stuartmaxwell

i do not understand why doc posts here. at every given chance he posts his disgust at aberdeens music scene and everything involved

please fuck off pal

i would suggest that anyone jealous of stayover is probably in need of some form of medical help!

I'm sure you'd love to give Burnham a taste of your medicine, wouldn't you Del?

i do not understand why doc posts here. at every given chance he posts his disgust at aberdeens music scene and everything involved

please fuck off pal

Fucking nonsense. I simply hate all the jealous negativity that's ingrained in this tiny, tiny, insular part of aberdeen's music scene that posts here. And it is tiny. The scene as you persist in calling it, is much bigger and encompasses so much more than the inward looking music fascists that seem to gravitate toward this board.

Compare this forum with HUBL for instance.

So I tell you what....YOU fuck off.

Guest stuartmaxwell

what a wanker.

most are bored with your preaching every time you come on here. fuck off to the HUBL if its all fine and dandy there

fucking twat

Guest Tam o' Shantie

doc - naw, brah. i don't get why you are under the impression that you're so fucking experienced and educated in everything musical and 'the industry'.

if you think my mind's weapon and stayover are 'success stories' amongst aberdeen bands then you're mistaken, there are more than a handful of bands from 'the granite city' who have accomplished more than those two in plenty of senses of the word yet are not 'hated' on this board.

3 people or something have said that they don't like stayover's music, and guess what - they can say whatever the fuck they want. not every negative opinion is based on jealousy or irrational emotion of any sort for that matter, why can't you accept that some people have opinions and aren't scared to voice them when DIRECTLY PROMPTED? it's really not that difficult to understand.

I suspect that Doc's post was primarily directed against those that post extremely negative comments that they intend to be taken seriously and for no apparent reason other than to upset others. I've met some of these people in real life and they appear normal, even nice. So why do they behave like this on the Internet?

Here's what I propose... we get hold of all these fuckers and burn them. Yeah! Who's with me?