aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
ian quik

cobain - drummonds tonite

lol - born solo are supportngi, so i'm guessing they'll murder half of cobains set before cobain even take to the stage...a Nirvana Tribute supporting a Nirvana Tribute...

lol - born solo are supportngi' date=' so i'm guessing they'll murder half of cobains set before cobain even take to the stage...a Nirvana Tribute supporting a Nirvana Tribute...[/quote']

And a Nirvana tribute is the worst thing ever! :D

Hahaha....this 'll be a piece of shit im sure, me and cleaner were walking past the venue in question and burst into laughter upon seing the name 'cobain' as a tribute band!

anyone got any details for this? time and price would be good' date=' and if theres any support. cheers.[/quote']

bet you wish you kept your mouth (fingers?typing?) shut

No you are not...it's just poop. I dunno I think someone could do Nirvana covers. Maybe an uplugged cover set or something would be cool...I can't support look-a-like bands though <shudder>

I went to see them. Ok, but nothing special. A lot of the songs didn't sound quite right (cough out of tune cough). Saw a diffirent nirvana tribute band last year called 'teen spirit' at the lemon tree. They were really good.

I went to see them. Ok' date=' but nothing special. A lot of the songs didn't sound quite right (cough out of tune cough). Saw a diffirent nirvana tribute band last year called 'teen spirit' at the lemon tree. They were really good.[/quote']

Shame on you!

Why is that people get scorned for doing Nirvana but it's ok to do songs by other bands? Too recent? Is it just not cool in your books?

Its not ok at all, lest of all Nirvana. People in cover bands so seriously wisen up; they obviously are empty people who have no creative impulse to emulate their "heroes".

What about being in a band and playing an cover or two within your set because you find it fun? That's personally what I'd like to do. Maybe just one song that fits nicely with your own music or something you can do you own take on...but would people still bitch if that song was a Nirvana song?

The odd cover is ok if it means a lot to you, but trying to be someone you're not is pointless; i think if you ever want to do something worthwhile with music then you have to compose yourself. I like Nirvana, In Utero is a very decent album, but they are too hyped and Nirvana tributes are ridiculous and too obvious.

i disagree i dont think theres anything wrong with being in a cover band. If you get the enjoyment out of it and so do the people who come to watch whats wrong with that?

Isnt that what being in a band is for at the end of the day.

Say what you want - you do get decent cover bands. Yes, these people can sometimes be complete crap on toast, but I have gone to covers that I enjoyed. Another thing - lots of bands do cover songs during a set (not cover bands, just out of respect for a song) and have sounded good.

Anyway, it's not like I'm going to see the real nirvana playing soon, is it? I love listening to their albums, and going to live concerts is fun. So why should I be ashamed of going?

*rant finished*

Although i walked past drummonds and heard cobain' date=' and they sounded pretty bad.[/quote']

Nuff said.