aberdeen-music

Unique music instruments

Hog

Originally posted by Graham:

When are Delicate Awol playing next? I really want to hear you guys play. Or do you have a cd?

We've been recording new music for the past few months and will have a hot new album by spring/summer if all goes to plan.

We played gigs during the summer but have decided to concentrate on recording for the time being, but we may play with Hookers Green at the Lemon Tree in February.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Graham:

Yes, they sound really cool. Have you ever played one before?

Yes, I know a guy in Edinburgh who owns a MK IV mellotron.

They are mighty strange to play because you can feel the tape passing through the playback head when you press a note on the keyboard.

Hmmm, I may ask if I can use it on some Delicate Awol recordings!

Yeah I just read up on it. It's all about sounding like a double bass. One draw back is that you need to use talc on your left hand other wise the strings feel sticky. Also another draw back is that it's looks a bit weird...I would prefer to see a full size version but perhaps that's not possible with rubber strngs and a longer scale length and there for increased tension...I don't think I could play an instrument like that live...though it may be handy for recording work...

Some people have used them live, although the only person I can think of just now is session bassist Tony Levin. I wouldn't mind one and I would probably use it live. They are only around 250 and you get a case with them as well. I saw one when I was in Glasgow not long ago, so If I'm down again soon I think I might give it a try.