aberdeen-music

Okay, a little help..

Guest crime-is-for-dorks

Guest Zeenat Aman
it was me that posted it.

So not as to confuse matters more I'm gonna avoid one of those 'cheers' date=' Stuart' type jokes that has taken over.[/quote']

:rolleyes: Sure it was. :p

but anyway, what about this woman, did she make it over from the states?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: Sure it was. :p

but anyway' date=' what about this woman, did she make it over from the states?[/quote']

Seriously, it was... I'm offendended that just because I was nice towards some non-metal bands people assume it wasn't me!

The woman from the states. God that's another story... Luckily for me I wasn't anything to do with this whole debacle, but Stephanie (the 'woman') apparently ROYALLY fucked her back and couldn't make it. However she had all her flights booked etc so would have lost her money on that. I personally was a bit sceptical whether she was ever gonna come over in the first place, but Jamesy spoke to the woman's mum and she says the whole fucking up the back thing is true and that Stephanie was gutted that she couldn't come over.

However she had all her flights booked etc so would have lost her money on that. I personally was a bit sceptical whether she was ever gonna come over in the first place' date=' but Jamesy spoke to the woman's mum and she says the whole fucking up the back thing is true and that Stephanie was gutted that she couldn't come over.[/quote']

Well, as long as it wasn't you guys paying, it really doesn't matter! :)

Guest Tam o' Shantie

how come she was travelling over? no offense, and I believe you entirely, but surely there are a lot of bands more local to her who have a similar or higher 'industry buzz', i think her PR company is a bit fucked if she is going to start with bands in different continents...no?

Guest crime-is-for-dorks
She was going to be starting one in UK apparently.

Clueless...

Her name is Stephanie Stevens, she runs a webzine on the East Coast that receives thousands of hits every day, if you remember, Ben did an interview for her site ages ago which was one the 'hot topics' on ab-music for a few days. Through the years of running the site, she'd became in constant contact with several managerial comapnies and Labels, so she'd decided that she was going to start her own PR company, working with bands she believed in. She'd already managed to gather some label interest in ourselves on 'the strength' of 'This is Revenge'. She came across us on myspace at the time when we were using it constantly and as a result, making a bit of an online buzz.

Anyways, she booked flights to come see us around August last year, for the simple reason that she wanted to see what we were like live, and as people, before she started to represent us on a professional level. I've talked to her on the phone and through emails most days since she got in contact with us. She was meant to arrive last Tuesday, and go home yesterday, so the gig would've been the last night that she was here, as a culmination of her trip, but on Tuesday morning I got an email from her mom saying she'd hurt her back and was in hospital, but she was on medication and the airline company had given her the optio to fly the next days as flights weren't too busy, however, her condition never improved and she had to cancel, but will be trying to make the trip later on in the year. I've received several apology emails since.

Obviously, I'm as skeptical as anyone to the situation, but she'd booked her own flights, and after getting past the skepticism that is human nature, I dont really doubt her intentions.

Hope that clears it all up.

Guest stuartmaxwell

its funny, i detect animosity from most fowk about this

fact of the matter is mmw are working their asses off to get themselves out of this shitty little town and onto bigger and better thing. i personally dont think much of their music but i admire the hard work they put in to being a "serious" band, getting their asses out of abdn and getting their cds out of abdn on what is probably a daily basis.

at least they are actually doing something more productive than playing kef every week with the likes of 5 fiNgER DiScoUnT and my downfall.

Guest crime-is-for-dorks
yeh but I was right about the PR company. You take things WAY too seriously.

Shut the fuck up...Because I corrected you on another one of your clueless 'know it all' comments, I take things too seriously? Nah..I was just setting the record straight. Sweet fucking Jesus!

Guest stuartmaxwell
I concur.

Maxi - When you playing Teviot? That's the Student Union in Edinburgh. There's been quite a few bands playing there recently. If it's downstairs' date=' it's a pretty cool venue.

I'll def come along and see you guys. Oh yeah, forget about that March thing, we're not ready. April/May might be good though.[/quote']

17th march, i didnt realise it was the students union??cool. you guys played there i take it?

Might have something in april in abdn for you if you like, i will call. :cheers:

its funny' date=' i detect animosity from most fowk about this

fact of the matter is mmw are working their asses off to get themselves out of this shitty little town and onto bigger and better thing. i personally dont think much of their music but i admire the hard work they put in to being a "serious" band, getting their asses out of abdn and getting their cds out of abdn on what is probably a daily basis.

at least they are actually doing something more productive than playing kef every week with the likes of 5 fiNgER DiScoUnT and my downfall.[/quote']

oh dear i agree with that......

its funny' date=' i detect animosity from most fowk about this

at least they are actually doing something more productive than playing kef every week with the likes of 5 fiNgER DiScoUnT and my downfall.[/quote']

Get to fuck you ignorant fucking bastard. We have played Kef ONCE, in early November. That's ONCE. We're booked to play there again on Sunday, nothing else. Once again I think you're getting us confused with Gone 2 Far. At least make an effort to hide your ignorance. Do you actually know who we are? We have plans for getting out of Aberdeen, but because we care about what we do, we want to wait ubtil we can get out and play a really good show. Is that wrong? Before you start slating people, get your facts at least somewhere in the vague region of correct, CUNT. But that just wouldn't be any fun for you, would it?

Guest Nikola Tesla
Get to fuck you ignorant fucking bastard. We have played Kef ONCE' date=' in early November. That's ONCE. We're booked to play there again on Sunday, nothing else. Once again I think you're getting us confused with Gone 2 Far. At least make an effort to hide your ignorance. Do you actually know who we are? We have plans for getting out of Aberdeen, but because we care about what we do, we want to wait ubtil we can get out and play a really good show. Is that wrong? Before you start slating people, get your facts at least somewhere in the vague region of correct, CUNT. But that just wouldn't be any fun for you, would it?[/quote']

A bit of an over-reaction, no? (hook, line and sinker may also be apropriate)

Guest crime-is-for-dorks

He's on the right...

And for the record, he's only what 15/16...He's young, and with that naivity(sp?) comes naturally, he obviously cares a lot about his band and so forth..

I wish I'd been involved in bands from that age, it's a good start...I'm sure as he grows up, he shall also do so musically..

Leave the kid alone.