aberdeen-music

Pro Evo 4

Guest tv tanned

Guest tv tanned

Man how ace is this game?

I missed Pro Evo 3 so had been stuck in the world of Pro Evo 2 where the tradtitional formula of running down the wing, crossing and heading into the net had become somehwat stale.

But the new game is the shit, harder to score goals but when you do it's usually a work of art, less predictable in terms of movements and deflections.

Only gripe is that goalkeepers are still a little bit too slow to react to just about anything, but on the whole I likes it.

Between that and GTA San Andreas I might as well never leave the house again...

Man how ace is this game?

I missed Pro Evo 3 so had been stuck in the world of Pro Evo 2 where the tradtitional formula of running down the wing' date=' crossing and heading into the net had become somehwat stale.

[/quote']

no way i thought i was the only one who used that tactic!!

Im stuck on San Andreas, where you have to kill the valet to steal his costume and drive the mayors car back to the garage. I always crash going back!! I tried giving my Ps2 a kick, but that didn't work.

:nono:

Pro Evo is the best game ever. I felt somewhat let down with San Andreas. Many missions are just annoying, and so many of the themes for stories are lifted straight from Vice City. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but it's not the best ever made, like it was billed.

Anyway, It took me as long to complete San Andreas as it has to input THE ENTIRE FRICKIN' ABERDEEN SQUAD into Pro Evo 4! Creating the ADT sponsor alone took me two whole days to complete! It's been worth it though - There is nothing more pleasing than playing the game with your own home team! And they play in my formation! With my starting 11! It really does enhance your enjoyment (if you support a particular team that is.)

Skill level 6 is a worthy addition to the game as well, as it makes it SO hard to scor3e and even get through the PS2's watertight defence!

I haven't stopped playing it since I got it when it came out - The best sports game ever? Defo. The best game ever? Maybe!

Any of you guys played a game called amplitude??? It's a quirky music game where you are flying down a tunnel and shoot little circles which represent different instruments in each of the songs. The idea is to keep all the tracks going at the same time. It's a hidden gem of a game and not very widely available now. I managed to get my copy of the sony website for a tenner just before christmas, but it's sadly out of stock now.

I also reccomend the war of the monsters game. It's like a b movie where you get to destroy the cities. Also a tenner!!!

http://shop.uk.playstation.com/sony/category.asp?category%5Fname=Specials&catalog%5Fname=SCEE

Pro Evo is the best game ever. I felt somewhat let down with San Andreas. Many missions are just annoying' date=' and so many of the themes for stories are lifted straight from Vice City. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but it's not the best ever made, like it was billed.

Anyway, It took me as long to complete San Andreas as it has to input THE ENTIRE FRICKIN' ABERDEEN SQUAD into Pro Evo 4! Creating the ADT sponsor alone took me two whole days to complete! It's been worth it though - There is nothing more pleasing than playing the game with your own home team! And they play in my formation! With my starting 11! It really does enhance your enjoyment (if you support a particular team that is.)

Skill level 6 is a worthy addition to the game as well, as it makes it SO hard to scor3e and even get through the PS2's watertight defence!

I haven't stopped playing it since I got it when it came out - The best sports game ever? Defo. The best game ever? Maybe![/quote']

San andreas was def the best game of last year for me. No other game has it's ambition, scope and freedom. Okay, it may have some overlap with vice city, but surely that does not matter, especially as you are championing the 'updated' pro evo 4, which has even less to distinguish itself from its prequel?

no way i thought i was the only one who used that tactic!!

Im stuck on San Andreas' date=' where you have to kill the valet to steal his costume and drive the mayors car back to the garage. I always crash going back!! I tried giving my Ps2 a kick, but that didn't work.

:nono:[/quote']

Tricky mission that one! Don't try and rush just because of the clock - There is plenty time to complete this mission if you just drive carefully (and don't drive into the back of another car on your way into the garage like I did a few times!) Plan a route and stick to that every time you try the mission! It's one of loads of frustrating missions in San Andreas that just piss you off rather than make you feel you are not getting there because of a lack of skill or reflexes - The game seems to go out of it's way to make cars swerve into you during missions like this where you cannae be hit or something, wheras in normal game play they would have never moved.

Try, try again! You'll get there! And there's always another annoyingly frustrating mission waiting for you around the corner! :D

San andreas was def the best game of last year for me. No other game has it's ambition' date=' scope and freedom. Okay, it may have some overlap with vice city, but surely that does not matter, especially as you are championing the 'updated' pro evo 4, which has even less to distinguish itself from its prequel?[/quote']

Ahhhhhhhh!(said in Pez - type voice)

Pro Evo 4 claims to be nothing more than an update from its' predecessor! And abody who bought it knew that!

San Andreas is a whole new game, in no way an update , but i just felt it was too similar to Vice City, albeit tarted up a bit with extra features and that sort of shit.

Ahhhhhhhh!(said in Pez - type voice)

Pro Evo 4 claims to be nothing more than an update from its' predecessor! And abody who bought it knew that!

San Andreas is a whole new game' date=' in no way an update , but i just felt it was too similar to Vice City, albeit tarted up a bit with extra features and that sort of shit.[/quote']

But they are both full price games, and if pro evo was nothing more than an update, surely a 20 buck add on disc would have done the trick.

Guest tv tanned

you're a hard man to please Marsh.

I had limited play of Vice City, but have found myself getting involved with San Andreas much quicker. The game has a lot more freedom to it than previous games and although I haven't progressed very far, due to my indulgences with Pro Evo 4, I have enjoyed every minute of it.

But they are both full price games' date=' and if pro evo was nothing more than an update, surely a 20 buck add on disc would have done the trick.[/quote']

They probably could have supplied a 20 buck update disk, but then would only have made half the cash. It's a fully comp update anyway!

I'm nae really that fussed - I knew I was getting essentially the same as Prov Evo 3 when I bought 4 - just tweaked a bit.

Hm, I've been thinking about getting Pro Evo 4, despite not following football in the slightest, I do love a good football game and was certainly a "one FIFA after another" man back in the day.

I am still rather occupied by San Andreas though... think I prefer some of the really tricky and irritating missions, except the Red Baron mission for Zero, Jesus Tantruming Christ.

Get another one on the go and we'll see! You'll be the "reigning" champ forever if we don't organise another tourney!

Using the update disk for the games' date=' of course......................[/quote']

You and you're ruddy update disks! :p

I'm puzzling over what to do about the whole Pro Evo tournament thing. We shall see - another one must be held!*

*Only once I have Pro Evo 4 so I'm not disadvanted# ;)

#And not disadvantaged as in 'being rubbiss' like some at last year's tournament :bat:

In fairness given my absence from the last pro evo tournament' date=' your victory is equally as hollow as winning the FA Cup the year Man Utd didn't enter...[/quote']

Utter rot my good chap - you were e-mailed about said tournament before your previous forum demise so you had your chance but I reigned over all even defeating my own brother en route to the title! :p

I'll see what I can do about the next tournament soon - a thread shall be created, update disks shall be banned and radars shall be in full effect! :D

Guest tv tanned
It's ok. We know how to overcome the likes of you' date=' with your run doon the right and cross it in, type tactics![/quote']

Ah, but am I just leading you into a false sense of security? The Fergie mind games technique?

Guest tv tanned
Utter rot my good chap - you were e-mailed about said tournament before your previous forum demise so you had your chance but I reigned over all even defeating my own brother en route to the title! :p

I'll see what I can do about the next tournament soon - a thread shall be created' date=' update disks shall be banned and radars shall be in full effect! :D[/quote']

Aye well...

Anyway, bring it!!!