aberdeen-music

Favourite Artists

StewCat

I'm applying for art school this year and I thought id make a thread highlighting my favourite artists who have influenced me:

hopper.gif

Edward Hopper: I just love his use of tone!

288.jpg

William J Scott:Might not look like much but I think his simplistic still lifes are amusing (this one is called pot and pan) Not everyones cup of tea :down:

SchieleSelfPortraitStanding.jpg

Egon Schiele: My favourite artist of all time ever. His line drawings are so powerful! He could make masterpieces from white paper, pencil and watercolours like this one ^ shame he died so young

pic-1901-selfp_cloak.jpg

Pablo Picasso: I just admire any artist who can renew himself so many times some of his stuff Im not too keen on the work he did before he went crazy was incredible!

Caulfield,Patrick-O_Helen,_I_Roam_My_Room-1970.jpg

Patrick Caulfield: Not too fond of the pop art thing but his work interest me Caulfield puts bold line round everything and makes something as uninteresting as a glass of water a piece of art

others i dont have time to mention: Olle Skagerfor,Degas, Rembrant, Francisco Goya, Alexandra Gardner, Titian, Francis Bacon.....blah blah!

I'm asking the people of aberdeen-Music - who are your favourite artists? please share ! :cheers:

Is it wrong that this thread has excited me more than anything in the last week?

not at all - making it was the second most exciting thing ive done this year next to sending away my UCAS form...i really wanna get into art school!!!!!!!! :help:

*thinks of other exciting things ive done this year...sex....sleep....nope thats it*

Does/Has anyone here study/studied at an art school?

Ya gotta mention Jackson Pollock. He the man. I'd post some pics but I don't seem to be allowed to, for some reason... I also like Andy Warhol. He had a self-portrait where he had a pair of hands around his neck, in black and pink - real powerful. Not to mention Jasper Johns - his "Flag" is such a deconstruction of nationalism.

that hopper pic is my favourite. hopper sure could paint light.

one of the best things i've seen was the warhol exhibition at the modern art gallery in edinburgh. brilliant.

i won't pretend to know a whole heap about art though. seen some cool stuff though and always keen to see more.

Guest JockeySnogger

Is it wrong that this thread has excited me more than anything in the last week?

Not necessarily....its probably just that your boyfriends willy is very small.

are you enjoying the design corse MarkJDelaney?

I'm woking my tits off - trying to get into fine art painting/printmaking - My folio is looking bland at the moment - the the art teachers at my school express disapproval of me applying coz they are wankers...or something along those lines...