aberdeen-music

Last Nights Fudge!

Guest Philip

What's everyones opinion on the bands?

I was a tad underwhelmed by Clive Ravensby, Fickle Public got loads better as their set went on(ace drummer I thought)

The Needles were good as usual, but the sound was quite bad.

Yumi Yumi, yeah those crazy Japanese girls!

Well, I was stuck behind the merch stall for most of the evening but managed to slip out to see Pickle Fublic who are indeed ace. I would encourage people to vote for them in the Awards were it not for WBL being in that catagory too.....! :angel:

Did ANYONE actually listen to the panto when it was on, btw....?

Guest Rainbow-Bunny

The whole night was shite. The panto was really annoying and not funny at all, the first band was wierd. Fickle public's first song sounded promising, but GOD THEY WERE SHITE! The Needles....hmm.....just as bad, even worse. Nothing new about them, nothing interesting at all, and they were totally full of themselves. You would have expected at least one good band for the last fudgenight at the lemon tree. Sometimes i wished I could just beat the shit out of those two guys who kept talking. I was desperate to see Yumi Yumi, and when they came onstage, a couldn't get the delightful smile off my face. They were incredible. I bought the album, and i can't stop listening to it.

Next time they come to Aberdeen, go see them. Pity there weren't younger people there last night so we could have jumped about for Yumi Yumi

Originally posted by Rainbow-Bunny:

The Needles....hmm.....just as bad, even worse. Nothing new about them, nothing interesting at all, and they were totally full of themselves.

What kind of person doesn't like The Needles? And indeed describes them as 'full of themselves' like that's a bad thing? I don't think I want to know...

the ravensby made some mice noises but didn't seem to go anywhere.

Fickle Public were great, still not as good in my eyes as purple munkie were but they're improving every time.

The needles struggled against the odds (a man down, sound not being great) to deliver a good solid set. And ended on teenage bomb, which meant I left with a nice large smile on my face.

the ravensby made some mice noises but didn't seem to go anywhere
I was a tad underwhelmed by Clive Ravensby

on behalf of the rest of the band, i would like to apologise for our set, we thought it was poor, and your'e right, it didn't go anywhere. perhaps if you see us again in the future we can make it up to you all, in the form of a better set, or perhaps a nice pasta picture.

Originally posted by CliveRavensby:

on behalf of the rest of the band, i would like to apologise for our set, we thought it was poor, and your'e right, it didn't go anywhere. perhaps if you see us again in the future we can make it up to you all, in the form of a better set, or perhaps a nice pasta picture.

Hey, but at least your trying to do something that differs from the generic norm, that I respect!

Frank Black is right so keep at it please!

Originally posted by Rainbow-Bunny:

Sometimes i wished I could just beat the shit out of those two guys who kept talking.

there was three of us, wasn't there? actually, if you'd wanted a fight, i'm pretty sure i could have given you one around 3am after air-guitar, coz my night turned to fucking shit around that point. instead, i mashed a selection of skips, walls and street furniture. hardcore, eh?

fudgenight itself felt weird... kinda, i dunno, a bit sad and all that. it's a shame to be leaving marge & co behind :( but i enjoyed it from fickle munkie onwards...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stuartmaxwell

i got b4 needles as i was at cayto

fucking good laugh, very drunk on no money

air guitar was hazy, dont remember much apart from me and nick from eric euan mocking shauntheox's stadium rock-esque bass stances while some bon jovi song was on

i wanted a fanzine but didnt find one

• 2 weeks later...