Looking for Bands

MaltMill

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stuartmaxwell

danny, you are a true idiot

please get down from that high high horse.

sometimes people call people "idiots" and its kind of a loose term but i regard people like dAnNyDoUbT as the dictionary definition of the word "idiot". never have i came across such a fool in the many years i have frequented messageboards.

its weird because the one time i met him he seemed ok.

Exactly...you dont know me. And i thought it was cuz he was trying to say we were taking advantage of drakes' closing which is not true. That is all i have to say bout that.

Anyway your the last person to judge me your the biggest arse on here maybe you thinks it's funny to have people hate you? And when i met you i thought you were ok until you pissed me off with your comments.

l8r,

Danny.

Exactly...you dont know me. And i thought it was cuz he was trying to say we were taking advantage of drakes' closing which is not true. That is all i have to say bout that.

Anyway your the last person to judge me your the biggest arse on here maybe you thinks it's funny to have people hate you? And when i met you i thought you were ok until you pissed me off with your comments.

l8r' date='

Danny.[/quote']

>RUN GRAMMAR&SPELLINGCHECK

>GRAMMAR&SPELLINGCHECK INITIATED

>...

>OH MY

Sounds like every venue in the UK to me....

Nah.....the norm is to split the gate, subtract the cost of every fucker on the staff... and their dog... off the bands share, take a bit for the 100 year old pa with only two working channels and a blown speaker and a vocal mike with terminal lung cancer and swamp fever, a bit for the lights, which is normally a 100 watt bulb painted red, they then knock 50% off whats left because you went over the 60db noise limit....they dont have a db meter but the barman gets a headache if its over....

The problem with The Malt Mill is they do all the above but dont have any gate money in the first place....but even though the place was packed to the fucking rafters on a Tuesday night Rosemary still treats you like some dog shit she just walked in and wants you to feel like she has done you a HUGE favour by letting you play the gig in the first place......

And people wonder why they cant get bands to play.....hmmmmm!!!

Ok i think you need to get your facts right mate. We dont charge anything for the PA and you get a set fee depending on what night you play the fee varies. Obviously if people dont come we lose money and therefore why should they pay you anything if you havent bothered your arse to promote your band?

We dont open downstairs on a tuesday by the way! Oh the PA is fine jus incase u dont know. We have just got in a new set of Mic stands and new amp rack. Sounds to me that you havent been in over twenty years.

Are Open Mic night is quite successful with Simon Gall and Steve Crawford hosting. The usual night we get new bands in is a Sunday but we had The Front (who i like), Stuka (didnt like thought they were arseholes who thought they were playing wembley) and Echo20 from inverness (who i really enjoyed) playing last friday night.

We are situated in a residential area which is why we have to watch our DB as we have had complaints in the past from residents you FUCKIN FANNY!

Oh and another thing alot of bands fuck us about by cancelling on the day and fuck up staffs hours aswell as cost us money we could have gained.

Sounds to me like you just have a chip on your shoulder because a) you dont like rosemary or b) she dopesn't like you.

Danny.

p.s. thats all i got to say bout that.

I think you need to check that post again...."mate" it was a general response to Keillan's post about every gig in the uk....but if you choose to believe I meant the malt mill fine, I was going to get into the finer points of your argument but changed my mind, I believe its pointless getting into a debate with someone who feels the need to use personal insults like some primary school boy.

One thing though....my experience with Rosemary was that she is un-professional, unhelpful and inflexible....and it costs fuck all to smile once in a while, and I believe others share my opinion.

boo. venues that run as a business are scum. its all about the music baby!

hence why the malt mill will always struggle to get good' date=' honest bands :)[/quote']

I have no problem with venues making some profit but it has to be fair, if a band pulls a load of punters in then they deserve a share of those profits, it would be difficult with the likes of the malt mill when they dont charge at the door, but the band could be offered a better deal the next time they play

Guest stuartmaxwell
I have no problem with venues making some profit but it has to be fair' date=' if a band pulls a load of punters in then they deserve a share of those profits, it would be difficult with the likes of the malt mill when they dont charge at the door, but the band could be offered a better deal the next time they play[/quote']

i agree.

people who run it to make money are generally crap people to play for