aberdeen-music

"think!" advert..

Guest *alex*

eugh...i just saw an advert about speed killing...

there's this little girl, and it goes backwards, so she starts against a tree after being hit by a car..and then...goes back to being on the road..you actually hear her wrists snap..eugh..*shudders*..that made me feel sick. watch it....don't speed :up:

..this is such a pointless thing to post, but i felt inspired to as it disturbed me :moody:

Guest MarkJDelaney

If you find the adverts "hard-hitting" then they're doing the job. I think those adverts are one of the best ways to tackle road safety. Not as hard-hitting as some of the others, but I particularly like the current one with two versions of the man going to work. One obeying speed limits and the other flying through dangerously. The safe version passes the dangerous one who's been stopped by the police and eventually makes it to work safely. He stands at the window of his office and watches the dangerous man come into the carpark outside. Cue the Foolspeed logo.

Does anyone remember the one that had Paul Whitehouse as the old drunken guy from the fast show? Had him sitting in his library muttering something like 'went to a party...beautiful girl...had some fun...driving her home in the dark...lights coming towards us..heard her scream...I can't remember it all, because i was very, very drunk.'

Maybe it was actually in the Fast Show, but it was really good, very moving.

What I find slightly strange about the advert is when the little girl says "If you hit me at 40mph I have an 80% chance of death, but hit me at 30mph and there's an 80% chance I'll live".

Hopefully this won't lead to a stream of people tearing past schools at 30mph reading the paper thinking, "well if I hit someone they've got an 80% chance".