aberdeen-music

Dedalus Vs Interpol

Guest valley69

Guest Ancient Mariner

Interpol immediately have the upper hand as Dedalus are at least partly inspired by Interpol, whereas I doubt Interpol have heard Dedalus.

In the lyrics battle there is little to choose between "I found a letter, I wrote it down, and I feel better" and "I could take you places, oh yeah maybe to the beach"

Guest valley69

i was just listening to the recording off of exile cos i aint got any new stuff to hear . I dont think that the exile recording really does the band justice to be honest.

er, we're not actually 'insprired' by interpol at all. yea we like them but any similarities in sound is purely coincidental and probably a result of similar overall influences and a love of reverb more than anything else. hell, i haven't even heard the new interpol album.

i like their suits though.

er' date=' we're not actually 'insprired' by interpol at all. yea we like them but any similarities in sound is purely coincidental and probably a result of similar overall influences and a love of reverb more than anything else. hell, i haven't even heard the new interpol album.

i like their suits though.[/quote']

you wouldn't want to hear the new Interpol album.

I vote dedalus, as I like them. Interpol have a few good songs, mostly rubbish

I love Interpol and Dedalus' date='but it has to be said that the vocals of Dedalus could be improved,after all most folk focus on the vocal melody and that is the only thing that lets Dedalus down,what time are you on tonight?.[/quote']

dedalus are on around 11:30 tonight.

I saw both bands once last year. Interpol were really good, but Dedalus were absolutely exceptional. Since seeing Dedalus I've seen/heard a good few other bands that are using loads of reverb, but they're the only ones that didn't seem to be jumping on a bandwagon with it.

So in summary, Dedalus, cos they're not American.