aberdeen-music

Reliable and cheap broadband providers.

Adam Easy Wishes

Guest Scorge Spike

Nildram, Pipex and Zen - the only three companies who I've haven't had people bitching about at me, so either of those. Pipex if you're on a budget I reckon.......

I'm with freedom2surf. no complaints whatsoever. couldn't tell you about prices as my flatmate's work pays for it but they put up with a lot of downloading from myself and my flatmate with no complaints whatsoever and we've never had any connection problems.

i'm with homecall from phones for u, pretty cheap and reliable. though we did have problems before christmas but they were mysterious problems that have fixed themselves for no reason and may not have been homecalls fault. no complaints with them. 24.99 for 512k plus free phone calls.

aol's software is so big and stupid it slows my computer up when i run it

and you have to run its browser if you want to browse the internet at all, you can't just connect to the internet and then use ie6

and there's this moronic "aol today!" page which has all this content i don't want to read on it, which the browser won't let me close whenever i'm online

Guest Charity Case
aol's software is so big and stupid it slows my computer up when i run it

and you have to run its browser if you want to browse the internet at all' date=' you can't just connect to the internet and then use ie6

and there's this moronic "aol today!" page which has all this content i don't want to read on it, which the browser won't let me close whenever i'm online[/quote']

Somewhere in the options screen at the AOL login bit there is an option that lets you keep it minimised to the tray, which doesnt load the full program and lets you browse using your chosen browser

i can't use any third party browser unless i'm using the aol one at the same time

and having it "in the background" seeing how it still uses my computer's resources

i tried doing what charity case said (at least i think i did)

i got the little icon in the system tray, it was green and it said "connection enabled" when i hovered the mouse over it

however:

i still couldn't browse the internet without signing on to aol through their browser

and clicking the aol desktop icon to launch the aol software caused the full browser program to load up rather than just the system tray icon