aberdeen-music

Charlie from Busted

Pete

oh its so true. but who would the little girlies listen to if it wasnt busted or mcfly?

Oh, I know there's no real alternative - I was really having a go at the gimps who claimed that Busted were a real group or a good live band!

Young lassies will always buy "music" made from the "hunkiest" boy bands - It's been like that since the Beatles, hasn't it? Always will be.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zeenat Aman
Oh' date=' I know there's no real alternative - I was really having a go at the gimps who claimed that Busted were a real group or a good live band!

Young lassies will always buy "music" made from the "hunkiest" boy bands - It's been like that since the Beatles, hasn't it? Always will be.[/quote']

Ps_ladym.jpg

The Beatles a' boy band'... dont be silly!!!

:moody:

Oh' date=' I know there's no real alternative - I was really having a go at the gimps who claimed that Busted were a real group or a good live band!

Young lassies will always buy "music" made from the "hunkiest" boy bands - It's been like that since the Beatles, hasn't it? Always will be.[/quote']

yeh i know dude... my point was sort of rhetorical

thats not how you spell it... is it?

yeh i know dude... my point was sort of rhetorical

thats not how you spell it... is it?

Sorry min - I didn't know if you were being sarky or not! I kinda hoped you were, but with some of the ridiculous postings so far on this topic, i'm sure you'll understand!

From now on i'll take everything you say with the sarcasm - o -meter swiched firmly on! :up:

Cheers,

marsh

I am fucking humiliated to have to admit this' date=' but most people who know me are aware of this , but I took my fiance to see Busted in Glasgow for her 21st birthday.

I spent a good half hour of the concert queing for what turned out to be a half pint of warm lager, but I feel obliged to confirm that they are truely awful live. A third guitarist in the background provided most of the guitar work, as the three guys were too busy prancing about to play properly. The one with the black hair and bad complexion really cannae sing - I kid you not - He was murder. Eyebrows did a credible drum solo thing with the other drummer they hire. The other one with the blonde hair has a pervy voice that warbles away tunelessley. They really were truly awful. I felt like a perv, as the place was full of kids and I didn't have any of my own! Truly, the average audience memebr age must have been 10, so I seriously doubt if the boys are caring if they have any "artistic integrity" or anything.

They are slightly gimmicky because they strum along a bit to their songs, but no different from any other boy band. Oh, and I checked the wife's DVD - True, the boy James does have an involvement in the writing of every song, aye, along with, on average, 5 different writing partners! So they don't "write all their own songs."

They are fucking terrible and a piss - take to real bands that struggle to even play a gig, let alone sell thousands of copies of their debut single due to clever marketing and the fact they appeal to young lassies. And endless appearances on CD:UK and The Saturday Show. Never forget that's how they got where they are - It wasn't touring every toilet in the UK and realeasing a self - funded debut or Fierce Panda effort. They are fully manufactured .How long did they live off the success of their first single? - Fucking ages is the answer.

And I have heard the new band in question. Oh dear. Sub - Lostprophets is a good summing up I thought.[/quote']

Judging by your post 'pervy' seems to be a better summing up!!! EEEUUUGGGHHH!!!

I'm gonna go and see fightstar and see what they are like...might as well give them a chance. I don't like busted but i had a dream about Charlie giving me a benton falls cd...hmm random?!?

Charlie should be allowed to leave a band whenever he wants, there wouldn't be a big fuss about it if it was a local band and he swapped bands because he preferred his other one. I've kinda forgotten what my argument was now but nevermind. I think he should be given a chance to start over.

that is possible the most ignorant thing for someone to say ever. If he was serious he would not have been in busted???!!!! Come on get a grip' date=' why wouldnt he be in busted?? Do you actually know how he came to be in the band in the first place, i bet not, you most likely think he was put there by some producer or a record company to make up the numbers, if you do your a twat. Busted started off as any other band would do, they just got a break and were turned into a pop band by the lable they signed to. To say someone is not serious at their music because you dont like what they produce is fucking moronic, also to berate someone because of what they listen to or play is the is the same. i really hate people like you, to me your the problem with the music industry (not you exactly but people like you) the kind of people who are snobs towards other kinds of music, the kind of people who think they are better than others because they dont listen to pop, get a fucking life will you.[/quote']

I totally agree with every word you have just said. There is not a wrong or right type of music. It's just what different people like. And by suggesting that Charlie isn't serious about music because he was in a pop band is just absurd. He just wants to progress into different things, so why is it so difficult to give him a chance huh?