aberdeen-music

Meeting for Tsunami Fundraiser

purplefrodo

O.K meeting for Aberdeen-music-aid 2005 will be held Sunday (Sunday 9th january 2005) at 7'o'clock at the back of the Bassment. I've sat down and decided that what the committee needs is.

1) Arty people:

- To design logo's, posters, badges, t-shirts +fliers.

-Also need people who have access to the places where these things can be easily produced.

2) Media people:

-People who are in/have access to various media outlets.

-local/national newspapers, fanzines, radio etc.

3) Web design:

-somebody who has decent web-hosting and is willing to design a web page.

4) Experienced event organisers:

-People who have had experience in organising events such as this.

5) MInutes taker:

-I will do this if no-body else wants to. But preferably we will need a 'secretary' type person to take notes of the meeting for future reference.

*Any help of any kind/size is greatly appreciated.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'll make this thread a sticky so people will hopefully take more notice.

Ross, I assume you will be popping along to this as a Moshulu rep?

I can happily provide web hosting (not design though) and provide advertising and promotion through aberdeen-music.com. I'll try and pop down on Friday so I can explain further and thrown in my two pennies.

I could take minutes if you wanted(im not a secretary though)

You are a secretary, your blonde! kiddin

I cant make it on Friday due to work. I feel so strongly about this!

Can someone please put me down under the arty section because Im a photographer.

Hog :up:

Wirelessly posted (Nokia6100/1.0 (05.16) Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

Damn... Of all the evenings, i cant get along this friday... A little short notice. Well if someone could add my name in somewhere... I would be eternally grateful. I fit into the 4th category of people. Could someone send me a copy of the minutes when they are written? Any other days possible...

Well, speaking from experience, if you want any meeting to happen soon then you must commit to a time a place quick and then stick to it. Not everyone is going to make the meeting whatever time and place you choose. As long as you make the meetings regular (every week or so for example) then that should at least give people enough warning to become involved at some stage.

For that those that are like me that work regular office working hours (roughly 8.00am - 6.00pm) then even 7pm is pushing it. So maybe 8pm on a weekend may be more suitable for the majority however, that is only just a suggestion. I should still be able to make Friday as it happens.

Whatever you choose - make sure it is explicit.

I agree with Neil, best pick a day and stick with it.. You never will get 100% turnout, but thats what the minutes will be for. I personally would be able to make it along on Sundays. Fridays are one of the worst days of the week for me with work etc. But, its probably best stick with Friday this week. Unless there's a real majority feeling otherwise.

Worst comes to worse there might be a couple of aspects you can't talk in depth about, but, there is plenty to discuss, and any meeting will be useful at this stage.

What we will need is for all those who are seriously interested, who cannot attend on Friday to say what category they fall into, and their intention to make meetings in the future, so that this can be put into the minutes for future reference.

Guest tv tanned

I like to tyhink I would be able to help by fitting into category number 2

I do not think I can make the meeting on Friday though, but please keep me up to date with things by PMing me or e-mailing me.

Cheers folks :up:

Guest JockeySnogger

And if there's any problem with booking the music hall, you could offer the guys "lovin".

Naturally thats a last resort though.

I couldn't help but notice that it says aberdeen-music-aid. Is this money going to the Tsunami victims or am I getting confused with aid directed toward aberdeen-music.

And if there's any problem with booking the music hall' date=' you could offer the guys "lovin".

Naturally thats a last resort though.

I couldn't help but notice that it says aberdeen-music-aid. Is this money going to the Tsunami victims or am I getting confused with aid directed toward aberdeen-music.[/quote']

This is a benefit for Tsunami Aid... Aberdeen-Music is going to be involved in an official capacity though. At the end of the day its going to be the users of these forums, and a committee will be formed of users from the site, so that's its involvement... And possible web space of course!