aberdeen-music

Help! Gaelic speaker needed!

Fluffy

tr luinn

I'd say' date=' but likewise don't hold me responsible if it's not...

in fact, make very very sure

a) it's correct

b) it's what you really want

I'd suggest waiting at least six months to a year, then see if you still feel the same way about it.[/quote']

id never get an impulsive tatt. the star i have on my forearm took about 4 years to decide lol.

i think i found a translation for beautiful/bonnie scotland

boidheach alba

still not 100% either tatt or tounge piercing or both haha

Guest tv tanned

I would advise against combining the rampant with the gaelic translation given that the rampant is the royal symbol, and as a result is a symbol of the union which has helped systematically destroy the gaelic culture.

Better with a saltire IMHO.

you should check and double check and triple check the translation you are given...someone could just tell you something, and it actually means "wank" or something...then you'd be screwed for life..so yeh, watch out :rolleyes:

moron coming from the boy who started an argument about caplocks' date=' get a life[/quote']

:laughing:

You were the one that took it personal matey, it was just a quote from a Maddox page

I dont see anything argumentative about that :D

I would advise against combining the rampant with the gaelic translation given that the rampant is the royal symbol' date=' and as a result is a symbol of the union which has helped systematically destroy the gaelic culture.

Better with a saltire IMHO.[/quote']

saltire is nice but too many people have it. im not that botherd if it is historicly inaccurate.

most people reltae the lion and the saltire with scotland so that does me fine

Guest tv tanned
saltire is nice but too many people have it. im not that botherd if it is historicly inaccurate.

most people reltae the lion and the saltire with scotland so that does me fine

I'm not talking historical inaccuracy here.

The rampant is a royal symbol.

The monarchy is a symbol of the United Kingdom.

The United Kingdom has ignored and marginalised the Gaelic language to the point of near extinction.

So effectively your tattoo combines two 'symbols' which are incompatible!!!

i think it's a lovely thought that u want to get that tattoo, but i don't think you'll find it as appealing later on in life, a star is a simple symbol and will have ever-lasting appeal *due to thre fact there will always be beautiful stars in our sky*.. but i'd seriously think twice about gettin the rampant done

1. due to the fact it would be inaccurate havin gaelic with the rampant

2. you may find the image of the lion repulsive after a certain amount of time

3. color on tats look rank (IMO)

4. you may not be so proud of scotland in the future (u never know what will hapen in our inhuman world)

i have 3 tats, all of which i love, as they symbolise personal things to me, and i often get compliments and slates about havin them, but it is a big step, and i feel u may regret gettin something so widely known.. who knows in the future the world may want to kill all scots, and like the jews, u would have a shining embylom (sp?) to say 'yes, this is who i am, kill me'.. but i gues the jews were proud of wearin their stars coz they didnt care about what other people thought of their religion.. i guess they loved being gased and such like.. oh now im so confused.. argh!!!! but yeh, im talkin bulb-shite now..

but i gues the jews were proud of wearin their stars coz they didnt care about what other people thought of their religion.. i guess they loved being gased and such like.. oh now im so confused.. argh!!!! but yeh' date=' im talkin bulb-shite now..[/quote']

I doubt they would of enjoyed that experience Penny :moody:

but i gues the jews were proud of wearin their stars coz they didnt care about what other people thought of their religion.. i guess they loved being gased and such like.. oh now im so confused.. argh!!!! but yeh' date=' im talkin bulb-shite now..[/quote']

Shut up?

please do.

I have my suspicions that you may be a racist Penny o_O