aberdeen-music

Help regarding ID...

Willum

he's right to worry

this one time, when i was in Edinburgh cos my sister was doing a show at the festival

i got refused entry to go and see Alyssa's Wish at Whistlebinkies because i didnt have any proper ID

- all i had was a prove it card which the bouncers didnt accept

dispite the fact that it has a photo, my name and d.o.b on (i've since got a new improved one that works much better)

but the fact is... they wouldnt let me in (although i was 19 at the time) because i didnt have a passport or a drivers licence

i said... look... i live in Aberdeen.. my passports at home and i have never driven a car - hence have never been assed getting a drivers licence..

they said... look.... get out...

so then kris tried to sneak me past them

and then they got reeeaalll mad

so in the end we gave up and left

thankfully we hadnt gone down there just for the gig

but it was still a bit of a pain

they usually only accept passport/driver's license. if you LOOK 18 (and actually are) then its not a problem because i have only ever had a problem with id at henry j's as i don't trust myself with my passport and alcohol. generally, bouncers are pretty loose with that sort of thing but it can be a pain if you've gone allthe way down to edingurgh for a gig and they dont let you in

i have found in edinburgh alot of places will id you anyway. they wont accept birth cirtificate, most places only will take drivers licence or passport. i have a citazens card i use with easyjet but havnt used it to get into places. it took aweek or so to get.

dont know if it would work but if u have a credit card you could show that to them -you have to be 18 to get one..

good luck