aberdeen-music

Get everyone online next sunday about this time

Birdman

wont that eat up the bandwidth and cost the site money? im most probably wrong

Nah, the bandwidth is already paid for. That is why I need people's money now. :)

But yeah, Birdman (or not) is right. Sunday evenings are always the busiest time on this web site for some reason and it would be nice to get a higher Most Users Online number.

I was online at that time today' date=' and it was all guests. Did one of the moderators do it just to bump up the number?[/quote']

No, but quite obviously someone has. Bit annoying that. Still, nice to know the web site didn't fall over with that many people hitting it at one time.

No' date=' but quite obviously someone has. Bit annoying that. Still, nice to know the web site didn't fall over with that many people hitting it at one time.[/quote']

Is there software you can use to simulate that? Surely four hundred and odd people didn't decide to come online in syncronisation, just for the sake of boosting the most users online?

Is there software you can use to simulate that? Surely four hundred and odd people didn't decide to come online in syncronisation' date=' just for the sake of boosting the most users online?[/quote']

Yep, there is. It is dead easy if you know what you are doing. I could dig into the web logs and try to find out who did it but I'm really not that bothered.

• 2 weeks later...