aberdeen-music

Biffy-part 1985

Camie

What an awesome gig! First time I've seen Biffy Clyro, and they sound amazing live. I left a couple of songs before the end, because the person I was with was feeling really ill, but I was told 27 wasn't on the setlist or something...so I was pissed when I heard I'd missed it, as it's my favourite song.

Reuben really impressed me, and I was in the back room throughout the Boxer Rebellion, but they didn't sound that good anyway from where I was sitting anyway.

Crowd participation was great...probably one of the best gig atmospheres I've ever experienced...the cutest thing ever was probably seeing Lesley singing along to EVERY single song and crazily dancing!

Got two lovely t-shirts, and had a superb time. Great gig :up:

Excellent gig indeed - missed Reuben while having me supper but caught 3 or 4 Boxer Rebellion songs. Wasn't really that impressed with them I must admit. A bit like a rubbiss Muse or something.

Biffy were amazing as always, new songs sounded ace and a pleasing atmosphere all round. One of the live performances of the year for me so far methinks :)

Was an absolutely amazing gig. Reuben were stars, can't wait to see them 3 days in a row on the Hundred Reasons tour (hint hint :up: ), aka Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow perspectively. The Boxers Rebellion weren't my cup of tea, got bored to be honest, though I'm sure there are plenty of people who enjoyed them.

And Biffy! The second time I've ever seen them (the first time supporting Hundred Reasons on the March tour), and I was damn impressed! Twas one of the tightest and amazing packed setlists I've endured in my 21 years of living on this rock we call Earth! I had a tear in my eye when I saw all the younger crowd bouncing and singing to their hearts content, aww!

Can't wait to see them again. :rolleyes:

MON THE REUBEN/BIFFY! :up:

Martin x

missed reuben who i was really wanting to see. however will catch them at hundred reasons if i decide to turn up on time.

when i see doors at 7 30 i think first band on at at least 8 so i turned up about 8 15 or 8 30 to find boxer rebellion onstage. id need to hear them again to decide if i like them or not.

really enjoyed biffy, played all the favs. was wanting to hear some kind of wizard but nae luck to me.

I left a couple of songs before the end' date=' because the person I was with was feeling really ill, but I was told 27 wasn't on the setlist or something...so I was pissed when I heard I'd missed it, as it's my favourite song.

[/quote']

thats why i never go by the set they played in the other towns.

they didn't play ideal height or the go-slow' date=' which kinda sucked.[/quote']

Aye I wanted to hear both of those as well - I wasn't disappointed in any way but you know how it is...there's always at least 2 songs that you wanna hear that don't get played - ESPECIALLY with Biffy. Glorious they are :love:

I saw them in Glasgow last night. Same setlist' date=' was absolutely stunning. Best I have seen them more or less. At the end instead of screaming in "now the action" simon dropped his guitar and moved to the back of the stage. then ran and launched himself into the crowd jurgen klinsmann style. mentalist[/quote']

classic wish I could of been at the glasgow one as well.

Well that was my 12th time seeing them (me me me I'm the best) and I was a little dissapointed. Then again I have seen them soo many times that they have a lot to live up to in my mind. Also I wasn't feeling too great and I was standing behind the mixing desk for most of the gig asnd could see the setlist, no suprises for me! They were actually supposed to play Christophers River in the encore, prob didn't have enough time.

Oh my god...what a set! Absolutely loved every minute of it! Highlights for me had to be joy.discovery.invention, 27, strung to your ribcage, justboy and bodies in flight! They played a great mix of all 3 albums. Wasn't too keen on the new album but the songs sounded great live and glitter and trauma was an awesome intro!

Reuben were absolutely rocking but i think they should have been on after the boxer rebellion to get the crowd going....and why on earth did jon get rid of his afro? :down:

Still....definately one of the gigs of the year! MON THE BIFFY indeed

awesome gig,enjoyed every song they played,was such a great atmosphere-highlights for me were jaggy snake,a day of and convex/concave.hopefully they'll come back soon(that was my fifth time seeing them-catching up lesley:P) anyway,was so fucking good,enjoyed both support bands too.Reuben were excellent.

I have to agree with Millhouse we're in the same boat. (cept I've seen them more :finger: ) I wouldn't say I was disapointed, It was brilliant, best I saw them was probably the night of the 1st 1UP instore or the Sessions in Scotland gig, both at The Lemon Tree. Gutted they didn't play Some Kind Of Wizard, amazing gig though, up there with the great gigs, such as, the Blaze gig. :rockon:

Guest stuartmaxwell

has anyone noticed how biffy copy eska in ways

they aint as good as eska mind you :p

someone on jockrock said it which i then listened to song y both (particularly newer biffy), yup i see it

Guest haigyman
to give nit picking losers like you something to do.

nitpicking? wtf, i just think it's a bit disrespectful spelling a band's name wrong that you really like. you don't see me going around telling everyone how much i like mettalica and megadeath do you?

nitpicking? wtf' date=' i just think it's a bit disrespectful spelling a band's name wrong that you really like. you don't see me going around telling everyone how much i like mettalica and megadeath do you?[/quote']

getting a letter wrong isnt exactly disrespectful. maybe shagging their girlfriends would fall into that category.