aberdeen-music

Can't wait to check it out!

Marillionboy

Let us know when you're coming up and we'll put on Script for a Jester's Tear for you.

Are you just coming back for a visit Marillionboy?

Hell' date=' we might even know you :help:[/quote']

Well you would need to be fair and put some Pallas on as well...

The moorings has a fine history of having Pallas on the juke box.

Well you would need to be fair and put some Pallas on as well...

The moorings has a fine history of having Pallas on the juke box.

Sounds like a good opportunity for a back to back comparison of both bands material almost 20 years on...

Which Pallas album should we showcase? We'd be looking for the best combination of material, performance, and sound quality.

Sounds like a good opportunity for a back to back comparison of both bands material almost 20 years on...

Which Pallas album should we showcase? We'd be looking for the best combination of material' date=' performance, and sound quality.[/quote']

I think material wise any Pallas album would stand up to Marillion, although I prefer their newer stuff, Beat the Drum or The Cross and the Crucible....sound quality??? this is not local band demo's we are talking about....

G...

How fabulous to get such a response. Yous are a dandy band a folk.

Actually I'd opt for Clutching at Straws or just a shot of Grendel (for the guitar solo!)

Pallas...I'm a Sentinel man personally. IQ anybody?

Blimey in all the nine years I lived in Aberdeen I barely knew another prog fan!

Am only back for a visit, seeing ma folks who live in Portsoy, but stopping off in ma favourite city for a couple a nights first. Thursday sounds like a good one to be around for :up:

To be honest I'm more 60s and 70s, there were only a few 80s prog bands I was really into, Pallas I saw live alot, although never with Euan Lowson, loved IQ and Marillion, but didn't really like any of the others...well Citizen Caine were fun if truth be told.

Much more at home generally uincovering rare albums by the likes of Mirkwood, Family, Renaissance and Jimmy Campbell!

Thursday sounds like a good one to be around for :up:

Hopefully you mean next week as I'm off work with the mumps right now and haven't be able to get the Marillion and Pallas CDs organised.

On the real ale front we suspended sales a little while back as we were throwing 90% of it down the drain. This was costing the bar thousands a year in wastage - not counting the 5000 that we spent installing a purpose built ale cellar :( The local CAMRA people mainly preferred to drink it elsewhere, such as Wetherspoons where it was only 1.29 a pint... despite the fact that it's their national policy to support independant bars. We plan to reinstate the real ales provided the minimum pricing is introduced, thus levelling the playing field and giving us a fighting chance of at least breaking even on it.

We do now stock a big selection of real imported bottled beers, and several of those are essentially real ales from overseas. Ones to try are Coopers Sparkling Ale and Brooklyn Lager (it isn't a lager BTW). On draught there also Addlestones Cider, Weishenstephan wheat beer from the worlds oldest surviving brewery, and Budvar.

Sorry about the Marrilion if it's tonight that your visiting. I didn't anticipate going down with the mumps at 34. Ouch!

Ah, the Prince of Wales...

Still more a fan of the Tilted Wig, great beers, great jukebox and always friendly.

Incidentally my local in London has, I have just discovered, the most astounding jukebox. It has TWO MILLION songs available to instantly download...image my delight (although maybe not the other punters) at seeing unreleased Marillion and IQ tracks...! Sure these will begin to catch on now, amazing! Although a quid a song is a bit dangerous!