aberdeen-music

who has not seen star wars?

delboy

America NEEDED pure fantasy at the time. In it's historical context' date=' Star Wars is quite interesting. Blatantly referencing the old Sci-Fi serials and Westerns when all your contemparies are showing how shitty life is is kinda ballsy, in a way.[/quote']

and these days America just use pure fantasy to justify wars in Middle Eastern countries ;)

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Never seen any of the Star Wars films, or Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter or anything like that and have zero interest in them. I'll stick with the Vipco horrors. Fucking great, they are.

I still don't see how people can say they have no interest in seeing any film. If you haven't seen it, then you don't have a point of reference.

I've watched heaps of films that I've guessed before hand that I won't like, because until I've seen the film, there's allways the chance that I'll enjoy it.

I never wanted to watch 'Quadrophenia' because from the description I read in the TV mag it sounded crap in my opinion. After watching it, it quickly became my favourite film.

I'm not saying you have to go out and watch Star Wars, I'm just saying, it might be worth a try.

not only have i not seen star wars' date=' i have not seen any of the lord of the rings or harry potter films[/quote']

ditto...

it's not that i don't want to see them.. or.. think i wont like them.. i just never seem to have gotten round to actually watching them.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I still don't see how people can say they have no interest in seeing any film. If you haven't seen it' date=' then you don't have a point of reference.

I've watched heaps of films that I've guessed before hand that I won't like, because until I've seen the film, there's allways the chance that I'll enjoy it.

I never wanted to watch 'Quadrophenia' because from the description I read in the TV mag it sounded crap in my opinion. After watching it, it quickly became my favourite film.

I'm not saying you have to go out and watch Star Wars, I'm just saying, it might be worth a try.[/quote']

That's a good point there. I may well be cutting my nose off to spite my face but when it seems that everyone's raving about a film it kinda puts me off it for some reason. Hype just turns me off.

Quadrophenia is a damn good film, I saw it without seeing any descriptions of it but a film with Phil Daniels and Ray Winstone HAS to be worth watching, yeah?

Might catch Star Wars one day. Never say never.

That's a good point there. I may well be cutting my nose off to spite my face but when it seems that everyone's raving about a film it kinda puts me off it for some reason. Hype just turns me off.

QUOTE]

I think I'm the same altho I don't really think of it that way when a film is out. I have a big list of films I should've seen but havent and they include:

Mary Poppins, ET, Star Wars, Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter and so the list goes on..

I've seen lots of films but just not the ones that everyone else has.

Guest haigyman
Many people think that Robbie Williams makes the greatest ever music. I know for a fact that this is not true. And the similarity between Robbie Williams and Star Wars? They're both shit.

aye...so...how did you make that judgement about robbie williams? you listened to him right? which is my FUCKING point. Gees, read my fucking post properly before making a fucking irrelevant reply to it.

Guest haigyman

well...i don't see how it is bollocks, because surely if so many think it's great then everyone sohuld be atleast willing to give it a chance, especially seeing as it's built into our culture now.

the star wars things used in other films and programmes are classic, look at spaced, first episode of teh second series with tim burning his star wars stuff in the same way as luke dose vader in jedi

or in aliasseries 2 episode 10 Marshall comes out shouting some Ewok when in danger, the fact he says "i can smell you from here" or somethign like that makes it all the more funny to me personally

it just makes so many referances in other forms of media i didnt really pick some things up until i rewatched star wars upon the release on dvd

plus people there is incest what more do you want from a film?

the star wars things used in other films and programmes are classic' date=' look at spaced, first episode of teh second series with tim burning his star wars stuff in the same way as luke dose vader in jedi

or in aliasseries 2 episode 10 Marshall comes out shouting some Ewok when in danger, the fact he says "i can smell you from here" or somethign like that makes it all the more funny to me personally

it just makes so many referances in other forms of media i didnt really pick some things up until i rewatched star wars upon the release on dvd

plus people there is incest what more do you want from a film?[/quote']

We speak (sorry, type) English on this forum, please learn enough to make yourself intelligible before you post again.

(I was nice to some people a few days ago and feel a need to restore the karmic balance, nothing personal)

We speak (sorry' date=' type) English on this forum, please learn enough to make yourself intelligible before you post again.

(I was nice to some people a few days ago and feel a need to restore the karmic balance, nothing personal)[/quote']

I didnt check it over before I posted big shit misspelled one or two words and missed a couple of spaces. You fussy-ass cunt. It's called seeing something that interests you and also being on a schedule that doesnt allow you the time to make sure everything is perfect, Jesus at least it wasn't bloody texting speak!

• 2 weeks later...