aberdeen-music

Holy Shit! How Can Berti Vogts Still Be In A Job?

Johnny Mac

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/3741880.stm

Holy fuck... I could do a better job than that German bastard.

He should be long gone after that joke of a performance last night.

How many more games is he going to get?

Clueless, No tactics, Shambolic defending, No organisation.... awesome stuff!

And please never pick either of the Caldwell brothers ever again. Possibly two of the worst players I have ever seen with a Scotland jersey on.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/3741880.stm

Holy fuck... I could do a better job than that German bastard.

He should be long gone after that joke of a performance last night.

How many more games is he going to get?

Clueless' date=' No tactics, Shambolic defending, No organisation.... awesome stuff!

And please never pick either of the Caldwell brothers ever again. Possibly two of the worst players I have ever seen with a Scotland jersey on.[/quote']

i agree-scotland were lucky to get a draw last night-they didn't even deserve that-terrible performance.

Guest tv tanned

My dad has been watching Scotland for over 40 years, and he says he hasn't watched a poorer performance.

I have seen amateur football teams who defend with more conviction and attack with more menace.

fucking mince.

My dad has been watching Scotland for over 40 years' date=' and he says he hasn't watched a poorer performance.

I have seen amateur football teams who defend with more conviction and attack with more menace.

fucking mince.[/quote']

You could throw 11 random strangers together off the street and they could give Scotland a game just now.

Get Strachan in place as boss PLEASE! At least he'd have some passion and get more from the players.

Guest tv tanned

don't say that.

Guess who the opposition will be for Sky One's 'The Match' next year?

Oh, and I agree - Strachan in now. But I have my suspicions the SFA will go for Walter SMith...

Also, don't forget that Southampton were hardly an attacking force under Strachan.

Guest onlynik

The SFA are a bunch of spineless fucks, they can't see what going wrong. They need someone in charge who can get some motivation into the players. It was worse than watching ABerdeen play, they were scared of the football. I wish we'd got beaten. Fuck, why doesn't Vogts do the honorable thing and step down. Vogts is a laughing stock in Germany, they all know he can manage shit. Why can't the SFA put their hands up and say "Yep, we were wrong we need a new manager" Fuckers, all of them.

And since when was Steve Paterson Managing Moldova?

Last night was the first time i'd properly watched a scotland match since the shady Holland slaughtering, and now i know why. To say the tactics and performance was shambolic is a pretty big understatement, Vogts should be calling up safeway asking if there's any spaces for shelf stacking, i wouldn't put this guy in charge of a cabbage patch, let alone a national footy team...

Guest Neubeatz

So whats new,

Why did we give Berti the job in the first place? So we could set him up as a scapegoat for our woeful lack of footballing ability???

An engineer can only work with the tools and materials at his disposal,

Its not Berti's fault that we are shit,

Who sold off all the school sports grounds for fucking mews apartments,???

Who slashed teachers pay to the level where they had to work to rule instead of undertaking extra curricular activities such as football,???

No its fuckall to do with Berti,

Guest stuartmaxwell

darren fletcher was fucking terrible

scotland were terrible except for thomson, who 1. has a shoddy haircut, 2. gave his all, 3. does what he can in his 1 dimensional style of playing, 4. didnt crumple, 5. has a dad who plays in a covers band round glasgow hotspots such as the "clutha vaults"

Guest stuartmaxwell
Last night was the first time i'd properly watched a scotland match since the shady Holland slaughtering' date=' and now i know why. To say the tactics and performance was shambolic is a pretty big understatement, Vogts should be calling up safeway asking if there's any spaces for shelf stacking, i wouldn't put this guy in charge of a cabbage patch, let alone a national footy team...[/quote']

:laughing:

i partially agree, but even with some exciting new talent in the squad, or not in the squad (chris burke/stephen hughes) we struggle against minnows, Brown at least either got us to major finals, or we failed having made a good go of it like the narrow play-off defeat to England a few years back.

Oh, and i thinh Vogt's got the job because prior to him taking this one and therefore dragging his name through the mud, he was a pretty sought after coach, with an impressive CV.

Last night was the first time i'd properly watched a scotland match since the shady Holland slaughtering' date=' and now i know why. To say the tactics and performance was shambolic is a pretty big understatement, Vogts should be calling up safeway asking if there's any spaces for shelf stacking, i wouldn't put this guy in charge of a cabbage patch, let alone a national footy team...[/quote']

there's more to shelf stacking at Safeway than you nmight think!

I am the same, I think to give him personally a hard time for being german etc etc is outta line... But he is not the right man for this team. He asked us to judge him on his competitive results as opposed to the friendlies. The qualifiers have turned out just as bad... So he made his own position untenable.

With the media on Berti's back, it must be hard for this team to gain any confidence, with all the fierce negativity in the press (Which is hardly unreaosnable now...) and until he is out of the picture, that criticism is going nowhere.So being unable to motivate his team, stops him from doing a large portion of what he is paid to do. HE should step down for the teams sake... If he loves the team, and has the faith in the team that he keeps telling us he has, then that is the right thing to do.

Guest tv tanned

I know that the national game is in the shit, the effects of idiots like Souness ploughing money into substandard foreign players is now being felt because of the complete lack of investment in youth football.

Kids don't play football nowadays. It's easier to play it on the playstation than in person, and besides there's all those nasty paedos out there so mummy is too scared to let her little boy go out to play.

Our nation is a fucking joke from top to bottom when it comes to sport, the government gives fuck all to sport in Scotland and promising sports stars have to leave to get the coaching they need. It's a sad indictment of things.

Even taking this into account, it should not be difficult to cobble a team together which could beat Moldova.

I agree that its time for somrbody else to get a shot at the job but quite honestly, with the excuses for international footballers who are incapable of stringing together two five yard passes against the mighty moldova, are we ever going to be any better than a joke? Also, i have no idea why people want willie miller or roy aitken to take over. They both played a large part in dragging aberdeen down into the shit. Gordon Strachans the guy for the job. Final moan, can we stop playing players who only qualify to play for Scotland because their granny once saw a haggis. We'e playing other countries rejects so how are we going to beat them? At least there was none of them last night. :swearing:

So whats new' date='

Why did we give Berti the job in the first place? So we could set him up as a scapegoat for our woeful lack of footballing ability???

An engineer can only work with the tools and materials at his disposal,

Its not Berti's fault that we are shit,

No its fuckall to do with Berti,[/quote']

No, but it's berti's fault we are unorganised, shown no fighting qualities and have a defence that would have Highland League teams rubbing their hands with glee!

A good coach will always get the best out of players! (look at Greece winning the Euro championships, hardly a fantastic side, but well organised and good defensively). We have never had the best players.... but jesus.... even Craig Brown led us to the finals of tournaments.... did he have any better players to work with? No, but they were well organised and difficult to beat.

Oh and josef k Chris Burke and Stephen Hughes are not Scotland material. Hughes never will be, Burke has the potential but is nowhere near a complete player.