aberdeen-music

idlewild tonight.

Skacel

Guest stuartmaxwell

laeto are brilliant you fools!!i would much rather enjoy that victory rock/solo tinged beauty than a cluttered idlewild show, the instruments dont do enough!

terra diablo used to be pretty good, they have changed a fair bit though

I was going to go to this but it was costing me too much, just a young lad you know. I'm sure it was awesome! Yeah they are a scrappy live band and have stopped moving about as much, but that's what i love about idlewild, they just don't care, 5 scruffy scotsmen doing their thing!

ripple boy - did they play any new tracks? i know it's hard remembering new songs when you've only heard them live but what did you think?

Guest neil ex
i just bought 100 broken windows and hope is important recently and you can its really weird how "poppy" their music has turned from the early days

who told you that?

i've only heard the last 2 albums and 100 broken windows is just as poppy.

*Dons "I liked 'em when you hadn't even heard of them" jacket*

Bought Captain and saw the supporting Warm Jets in Lava 7/8 years ago. Punktastic they were then! Still dig 'em though....

(Slightly) interesting story - at that gig, Roddy knocked his capped tooth out, which I found on the floor and traded with him for a signed set list after the gig.....

I was going to go to this but it was costing me too much' date=' just a young lad you know. I'm sure it was awesome! Yeah they are a scrappy live band and have stopped moving about as much, but that's what i love about idlewild, they just don't care, 5 scruffy scotsmen doing their thing!

ripple boy - did they play any new tracks? i know it's hard remembering new songs when you've only heard them live but what did you think?[/quote']

yeh they opened with a new track and i think they played a couple more new ones.

and a neil young cover

the new tracks sounded pretty chilled i think thats the road idlewild are going down these days.

I was there with Rippel Boy and we had a mental time, we were of a few folk jumping to 'American English' and I was told off for spilling my pint on some guys back, most of it ended up down my arm though! Very intamite gig and thier new songs are sounding very nice and melodic. This will probably put some people off but I don't give a shit, I'll always love them. Always love it when they play 'When I Argue I see Shapes' and Roddy's hairs grown too!Went for a night out in Falkirk trying desperately to find locals who new where to go, everyone was from either Glasgow(I got called a sheepshagger, unsurpringly!) or Edinburgh, even Newcastle! Met two local girls who were miserable to say the least so we went off on our own and ended up in'RIALTO STOCK', the biggest event in Falkirk which consisted of a semi-decent covers band playing 'Sunshine of your love'. Classic!

Guest stuartmaxwell

i used to dig idlewild a lot, still do, but having seen em at least 12+ times i got bored, their new stuff is ok to listen to on record but is rubbish live

i remember the days of the self strangling mmmm