aberdeen-music

Levellers in Moshulu

imprinted

Guest allsystemsfail

Shit, I hope so too. Had lots of opportunities to catch them in London, the band still then in their prime, but never did. So yeah, I will be keeping my fingers crossed.

I dunno about this... I saw them loads in their 'prime' - I think you can even see me in the 'Great Rock n Roll Swindle' video they did at Barrowlands - and they were truly fantastic live. But the last time I saw them was I think the last time they played Aberdeen in the Music Hall, and they really seemed to have lost it. It was when they had that 'Fancy a drink, just the one' single, and they kind of jumped the shark for me with that one.

I'll probably get me clogged paras on and go anyway though...

*gets bit of string*

"here, boy..."

I dunno about this... I saw them loads in their 'prime' - I think you can even see me in the 'Great Rock n Roll Swindle' video they did at Barrowlands - and they were truly fantastic live. But the last time I saw them was I think the last time they played Aberdeen in the Music Hall' date=' and they really seemed to have lost it. It was when they had that 'Fancy a drink, just the one' single, and they kind of jumped the shark for me with that one.

*gets bit of string*

"here, boy..."

the last time I saw them live was in london on an ANL march about 9-10 years ago.

We are already contracting rentokil to get the dressing rooms fumigated afterwards

Guest allsystemsfail
the last time I saw them live was in london on an ANL march about 9-10 years ago.

I was on that very march. Didn't stick around for the carnival. Though I was then living in London, quite a few folks from Aberdeen made it down. Wasn't there a coach from Aberdeen to this event?

I had intended to catch The Levellers a little later that year (with Schwartzenegger) at one of the shows forming part of the Anarchy In The UK fest, but found that I had to work.

Guest allsystemsfail
"sorry' date=' I can't make it to the Anarchy Fest, I have to work"...

heh...[/quote']

I'm sorry, but how does my working a job conflict with my commitment to, and involvement in, anarchist politics?

Guest allsystemsfail
Isn't it hard to bring down the Goverment while flipping burgers? Or are you trying to bring the system down from within (man).

Flipping burgers? What the hell are you talking about? I was then a care worker, working with people with severe physical disabilities in their own homes.

I dunno about this... I saw them loads in their 'prime' - I think you can even see me in the 'Great Rock n Roll Swindle' video they did at Barrowlands - and they were truly fantastic live. But the last time I saw them was I think the last time they played Aberdeen in the Music Hall' date=' and they really seemed to have lost it. It was when they had that 'Fancy a drink, just the one' single, and they kind of jumped the shark for me with that one.

*gets bit of string*

"here, boy..."

This is Drunk in Public but havn't been on in a while so I lost my account so thanks Imprinted.

I wasn't at that gig at the Music hall but I heard about it, and It was supposed to be pretty poor for the first half but then got better once "battle of the beanfield" came on! I've seen them a few times since then and I asure you they are almost back to their old selves thier latest album "Green Blade Rising" is fantastic (their best since Levelling the Land) and they really seem up for it again!

Please, please get them to play in Aberdeen! :up: