aberdeen-music

Its High Fidelty Time...

Stephen

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marillion - Clutching at Straws (remaster so you get the extra tracks)

Marillion - Brave (an amazing masterpiece)

Fish - Raingods with Zippo's (worth it for Tilted Cross and the superb Plague of Ghosts suite)

Dido - Life for Flag and Mary's in India album with White Flag and Mary's in India)

Barenaked Ladies - Gordon (the first and best BNL album)

Bubbling under:

Def Leppard - Vault

Fish - Field of Crows

Eagles - Hell Freezes Over

Transvision Vamp - Velveteen

ELO - Time

Cheers

Stuart

i dont get why people like use your illusion 2 so much when I heard I wasn't too impressed. Some good songs but I think Appetite For Destruction is better.

well duh

appetite is only one of the best debut albums ever.....use your illusion 2 is ace but bogged down by a few REALLY shitty tracks (so fine, my world, yesterdays) wheras appetite has 12 songs that are (in my opinion folks) nearly perfect...well almost....

anyway the point of this is dont mock use your illusion 2 (save that for the spagetti incident)

illusion 2 is ace but bogged down by a few REALLY shitty tracks (so fine' date=' my world, yesterdays) wheras appetite has 12 songs that are (in my opinion folks) nearly perfect...well almost....[/quote']

So Fine isn't shitty, sure, it's not one of their best, but it's good. Yesterdays is great, and My World is at the end of the album so you don't have to listen to it. ;)

Appetite is obviously a good album, but with the exception of the three biggest songs from it, (..Jungle, Paradice.., Sweet..) I've never thought any of the songs on there were unforgettably amazing, whereas I'd put about 8 of the songs on Use Your Illusion II in that category. Civil War is my favourite GN'R track.

But it's all down to opinion, and you're right, we should save all the badmothing for Spaghetti. :puke:

Appetite is obviously a good album' date=' but with the exception of the three biggest songs from it, (..Jungle, Paradice.., Sweet..) I've never thought any of the songs on there were unforgettably amazing, whereas I'd put about 8 of the songs on Use Your Illusion II in that category. Civil War is my favourite GN'R track.[/quote']

I'd put My Michelle, It's So Easy and Mr.Brownstone on a greatest hits album of my choosing ;)

I remember listening to UYI II on holiday with my family loads so fond memories AND great songs = :up:

Guest onlynik
I'd put My Michelle' date=' It's So Easy and Mr.Brownstone on a greatest hits album of my choosing ;)

I remember listening to UYI II on holiday with my family loads so fond memories AND great songs = :up:[/quote']

Me too, the summer of 92 what a time was had. Great couple of albums, but I've heard them so often, I can't listen to them anymore

So Fine isn't shitty' date=' sure, it's not one of their best, but it's good. Yesterdays is great, and My World is at the end of the album so you don't have to listen to it. ;)

Appetite is obviously a good album, but with the exception of the three biggest songs from it, (..Jungle, Paradice.., Sweet..) I've never thought any of the songs on there were unforgettably amazing, whereas I'd put about 8 of the songs on Use Your Illusion II in that category. Civil War is my favourite GN'R track.

But it's all down to opinion, and you're right, we should save all the badmothing for Spaghetti. :puke:[/quote']

So fine is utterly rubbish... I love UYI2 to bits, and Civil War is also my favourite G'n'R song but part of me can see that 'Appetite' is a better album. Nighttrain, Rocket Queen to name but 2 ace songs from that album. Locomotive and So Fine and Yesterdays and My World unfortunately render UYI2 that bit worse than 'Appetite', for me at any rate. To be honest there are only about 4 good songs on UYI1 so maybe they should have made one classic album instead of having 2, neither of which were perfect...