aberdeen-music

strat parts wanted

Moon Moon

If YoungA is to go down this route, he has to make sure that the bridge has the same radius as the neck of the guitar, else he wont be able to adjust the string height accordingly. I think that the strings wont line up correctly along the neck too.

For example, Mustang bridges (barring the new squier ones) are 7.25" radius and most modern Strat necks will be 9.5".

Ah, my bad.  Could be an expensive process of trial and error in that department.

In the past two weeks you've wanted to buy 2 guitars from me. Neither was like the guitars you've just described. That's a different guitar every four days.

Take a breath and relax dude. Why not save up that fifty quid a week until the start of december then get the train to glasgow and try every mex strat you can find?

I reckon there's more chance of you finding a guitar you keep in the colour you want if you do that.....

• Upvote 1

ive decided on a strat definitely. but since my ocd color is a big issue though as i usually wear a white shirt and that while gigging i have to look good. your point is probably right aswell but saving is an issue for me. money burns a hole in my pocket. so ill save up for a deposit and pay the rest up in small amounts probably so ive still got money for other priorities

Edited by YoungA

Aye, it's a nice idea but ultimately won't work with what you have. The bodies of the  Strats Jan and Old Gold posted pics of most likley were left blank for hardtail or Bigsby bridges, where as the body of you have looks like it already has the tremolo cavity routed so it's going to be near impossible to fit any roller or hardtail to that, and if you do there will still be a big hole through the body. Drilling holes in the existing bridge will put the the strings through two seperate trem systems, one of which will be under no tension, so will probably not even be playable. 

You're more likely to make money back on these pieces leaving the strat body as is, and keeping the bigsby for a more suitable guitar or seling it on. There's  reason it's hard to find examples of strats with bigsbys, you really need a custom made body to make it workable.

ive given up building guitars for a long time now. i need to get my own gear sorted before building any. but thanks for the suggesttion

Aye but its more the explanation of how an instrument is set up and the sections on bridge installation that would be of benifit to you.  I've never built a guitar myself but I refer to this book all the time when I think of modifications and the like.  Honestly it would save you making a ton of posts! 

Aye but its more the explanation of how an instrument is set up and the sections on bridge installation that would be of benifit to you.  I've never built a guitar myself but I refer to this book all the time when I think of modifications and the like.  Honestly it would save you making a ton of posts!

youve got a good point. I guess i will buy it. I know my basics like set ups and intonation. Simple soldering. When it comes to re-wiring everything im completely baffled

Alreet holla at me

will do