aberdeen-music

British pubs enforce smoking ban

Untitled

Swingin' Ryan' date=' why on earth would the government seek to ban smoking if it wasn't such a drain on the NHS? Enough with the conspiracies against smokers. The amount of money that the government makes from taxes is bound to go down, there is no financial incentive there.

[/quote']

If the Government were that concerned about banning smoking the believe me they'd do it, closing the mines, bombing Iraq, if they want to do something they will do so. The Government know fine well they'll never stop everyone smoking through limp "healthy living" campaigns with Melanie Sykes promoting eating a banana with your lunch or something else equally obscure, what they want is the optimum number of smokers to keep reaping in the obscene amounts of money they make on taxes from cigarettes without having too many smokers being treated by the NHS to cause a big dent in their finances, hence the middle ground of a ban in bars. Then when they've got the perfect cigarette tax : smoking death ratio, they have enough money for such necessities as sparkling mineral water in Holyrood and "goodwill" visits to the Bahamas.

If they're so desperate to ban smoking, why don't they ban it now instead of pussying around, why don't they go ahead and just ban it in bars like they did in Ireland and New York, they both managed to do it pretty efficiently with minimal bollocking around and chatting about it, why not in Britain?

So they can all drive Mercedes and fuck lap dancers with their stupid wages they rape off smokers in taxes?

Thought so.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're so desperate to ban smoking' date=' why don't they ban it now instead of pussying around, why don't they go ahead and just ban it in bars like they did in Ireland and New York, they both managed to do it pretty efficiently with minimal bollocking around and chatting about it, why not in Britain?

So they can all drive Mercedes and fuck lap dancers with their stupid wages they rape off smokers in taxes?

Thought so.[/quote']

Because as hard as this may seem to believe Britain is actually a democracy where bills are discussed at length for the sake of greater scrutiny to avoid there being any flaws in the law which may lead to misinterpretation and poor application of it. Your conspiracies are such a joke.

They're not conspiracies at all, they're well organised plans to keep the Government looking it's best. I'm not a raging "fuck the system" leftist, but I think it's pretty plain to see that the British public come second, and keeping your government looking good,caring and keeping the wages high comes first.

It's another classic example of bandwagon hysteria, everyone should watch "Grumpy Old Men" on BBC2, they always speak about it. Every 6-12 months there's a mass hysteria on one topic (normally orchestrated by the Daily Mail), we've had the Great Paedophile Hunt of '02 and "The War on Terror" which knocked back race relations about 25 years. Unfortunately we're in a bit of a quiet zone this year, what with the absence of Terror attacks and pre-teen kidnap, so it's back to that old reliable evil, the smokers.

P.S I shouldn't even be the one defending smoking I'm a pretty light smoker as smokers go (around 5 a day) and I'm a VERY CONSIDERATE smoker and I've actually left areas where I've been perfectly within my right to smoke because they've got too busy and I don't want to bother non-smokers, despite there being non-smoking areas nearby that they have chosen not to stand in.

have you seen the latest example of this? a 4 million quid advertising campaign telling us that salt is bad for us!

i give up i really do....

I dunno dude, I'm kinda for this campaign actually. Did you know that the number one cause of rape is chip shop girls not giving as much salt to their male customers as desired. Maybe if these rapists knew that salt was bad for them, all this could be avoided.

haha yeah i saw you at the doctors :) im standing there thinking "this woman is going to ram somthing sharp into my arm' date=' how could this get worse?" then i see you...[/quote']

You didn't say hi. I was so gutted. But then Dixon came in and sat across from me. Hmm...... Anyway you're a bit old for still getting worried about injections aren't you?

Haha, sorry someone just commented to me how you had a "daft little fruitbat face".

You didn't say hi. I was so gutted. But then Dixon came in and sat across from me. Hmm...... Anyway you're a bit old for still getting worried about injections aren't you?

Haha' date=' sorry someone just commented to me how you had a "daft little fruitbat face".[/quote']

are you ever to old to enjoy an injection? i wasnt worried, but i wasnt exactly brimming with joy either. "daft little fuitbat face"? does it beat camp irshman face?

are you ever to old to enjoy an injection? i wasnt worried' date=' but i wasnt exactly brimming with joy either. "daft little fuitbat face"? does it beat camp irshman face?[/quote']

Camp Irishman face???? I'm not sure it's actual possible to have a camp face and how exactly do i like irish? And you should have been brimming with joy at the prospect of protection from mumps.

...you look irish (the camp part was just to annoy you :))

No no, i don't get annoyed by being called camp. The legend that is Morrissey is rather camp (and a bit Irish as well). But I don't look anymore Irish than I do Scottish. You could say I have Celtic face. At least I ain't got strawberry-blonde hair. It's just ginger minus the personality.

No no' date=' i don't get annoyed by being called camp. The legend that is Morrissey is rather camp (and a bit Irish as well). But I don't look anymore Irish than I do Scottish. You could say I have Celtic face. At least I ain't got strawberry-blonde hair. It's just ginger minus the personality.[/quote']

oh dear you really have ran out of ideas havent you? ginger jokes? come on now. if you KNEW me you'd know that i dont mind the ginger tag...but since you are a moron and boring i have no interest in ever talking with you on the subject. i could say you have a celtic face (but to be honest you have an irish face) im getting a little bored with this now (and so are YOUR friends I hear) so lets just leave it...im always right and you have an irish face

oh dear you really have ran out of ideas havent you? ginger jokes? come on now. if you KNEW me you'd know that i dont mind the ginger tag...but since you are a moron and boring i have no interest in ever talking with you on the subject. i could say you have a celtic face (but to be honest you have an irish face) im getting a little bored with this now (and so are YOUR friends I hear) so lets just leave it...im always right and you have an irish face

I don't think so, my friends came up with that "daft little fruitbat face" remark and and a Celtic face (being that of a Scottish or Irish person ie someone of Celtic extraction) is the same as an Irish face which I don't mind (I've plenty of Irish blood in my veins). But the fact that you consider looking Irish an insult makes you seem a bit racist. And you were the one who turned this from a discussion about the smoking ban into personal insults so don't tell me i can't say things cos i don't KNOW you and that you're getting bored of it.

and and a Celtic face (being that of a Scottish or Irish person ie someone of Celtic extraction) is the same as an Irish face which I don't mind (I've plenty of Irish blood in my veins).

Yes I know that you dim witted prick' date=' but the difference is: saying you have and Irish face annoys you (and before you start...it does) and saying you have a Celtic face doesnt annoy you. The fact is, you are well known in Westhill for being VERY easy to wind up and im simply having fun.

But the fact that you consider looking Irish an insult makes you seem a bit racist.

hahaha what an idiot! No I dont see looking Irish as a bad thing, you look Irish and when I said it you got annoyed, simple as that

And you were the one who turned this from a discussion about the smoking ban into personal insults so don't tell me i can't say things cos i don't KNOW you and that you're getting bored of it.

lol, smiths fans

• 2 months later...
people are being parented "for their own good"

That brings up an interesting point, if you or any of the other "passive smoking causes health problems not proven" people were the parents of young children, would you happily smoke in their environment and allow others to? And if not, why not?