aberdeen-music

Needleman recordings

Alkaline

And a terrible lime green guitar that doesn't work - apart from that good gig tonight. X

Haha, cheers :p

Normally I take a second guitar to a gig but I decided not to last night. Thankfully the Random Hand guitarer was a total gent and lent me his. It spoiled my flow a little as i thought we'd started off really well and it took a couple of songs to get back in but on the whole I came away from that one, which was only our second gig, pretty happy with the night.

You should've said hi

Plan is to do it as a digital release, probably as a "pay what you want" affair. We'd love to pull in a few quid from it to help fund practises etc but since it's self-recorded we had relatively little outlay for it so we're more interested in having people listen to it than we are in making money.

xx

If it was the only one to ever be made? I probably would.

But tapes are good physical release medium if you don't have much money. Hence the silly amount of bands doing it nowadays. And you could even do a limited run of like 15 and sell it via bandcamp alongside the pay what you want digital release.

• 1 month later...

Our EP is available for free for everyone :)

More feedback is welcome as well. Does the EP flow well? Does it sound coherent?

http://needleman.bandcamp.com/

I think the bass sounds too muddy, IMO it needs a bit of 'click' to it to make it a bit more percussive.

I don't like the snare sound, too boxy or something, and has a 'ring' to it in the decay which bothers me. Needs more of a snap, and for the decay on each hit to be shorter.

Recording has a very 90s 'punk' feel to the production, which is nice.

EP in terms of songs 1-6 flows pretty well. Still would like to see you guys live.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Here on NeedleNews!

We've got our track "First of the Mohicans" on the new Punktastic Scottish DIY Compilation along with The Murderburgers, Carson Wells, Shatterhand and others. You can listen to/download the compilation on the link below:

http://punktastic.com/radar/punktastic-13-11-is-out-full-of-brilliant-scottish-punk-tracks

We're also in the process of putting together a split EP with fellow Aberdeen PUNX, Das McManus, which we're excited about :)