aberdeen-music

Dido

jester1470

I went to see her at the SECC on Saturday and lo and behold she was amazing.

I always figuered someday i'd like to see a gig whjere the guitarist plays guitar with his teeth, but never figured it would be Dido !!

Best vocal preformance I've ever seen live, an amazing band. specifically the guitarist and percussion section and she even kept going when the sound blew twice she just kept going. The only drawback for me was the length of set which was about an hour and a half, i thought she should have played for longer, but she played most of her material.

Amazing lightshow, superb sound and it went straight into my top 3 gigs, anyone who thinks she's bland needs to see her live where she changes a lot of the style of her songs, some more rocky, some more dancey but in general brilliant.

It was as suspected, the gig of the year for me so far.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest Sundaram
I always thought guitarists hammered on with their left hand to disgise them playing with their teeth.

Mr Hendrix 'did' play with his teeth, but a lot of people dont, but pretend to, pfft!

You can tell by how the notes sound, if they are actually playing with their gnashers, you tend to hear a kind of mettalic attack to the notes!

:)

I love di zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dido?!?! Piss off!

Why ? she is an amazing vocalist who writes some great lyrics ? i don't really see most people's problem with her, she has attained great success and written some great songs, whats the problem ? She may not be your style but you can't deny she has an ear for a commercial tune and is good at what she does,

cheers

Stuart

Guest haigyman
Why ? she is an amazing vocalist who writes some great lyrics ? i don't really see most people's problem with her' date=' she has attained great success and written some great songs, whats the problem ? She may not be your style but you can't deny she has an ear for a commercial tune and is good at what she does,

cheers

Stuart[/quote']

it may just be me, but i get the feeling that whenever she's singing it's as if she's just about to fall asleep, but she's trying to stay awake.

it may just be me' date=' but i get the feeling that whenever she's singing it's as if she's just about to fall asleep, but she's trying to stay awake.[/quote']

I can see where you're coming from but i think her voiuce is amazing, i think she has some great styles of sin ging and live the one thing that surprised ,e was how powerfull the vocals were as i expected her voice to be good but quite weak tbh,

cheers

Stuart

I quite like Dido's first album. Not so keen on her new stuff as it sounds pretty much the same, although I suppose its just the style of her music. Stuart, have you heard anything by Sarah McLachlan? If you like Dido you might like her. I recommend her album Fumbling Towards Ecstasy. I think it could of been an influence on Dido.

I quite like Dido's first album. Not so keen on her new stuff as it sounds pretty much the same' date=' although I suppose its just the style of her music. Stuart, have you heard anything by Sarah McLachlan? If you like Dido you might like her. I recommend her album Fumbling Towards Ecstasy. I think it could of been an influence on Dido.[/quote']

yeah i like sarahj mclachlan, i'm generally a big fan of female vocalists, hence the people i manage ;) Interesting but bizarre fact Sarah is managed by the same guy that manages Avril Lavigne, which is weird ;)

Cheers

Stuart

yeah i like sarahj mclachlan' date=' i'm generally a big fan of female vocalists, hence the people i manage ;) Interesting but bizarre fact Sarah is managed by the same guy that manages Avril Lavigne, which is weird ;)

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Wow, I never knew that! I'm also a fan of female vocalists as well. I really like female singers such as Sarah Mclachlan, Beth Orton, Fiona Apple, Gemma Hayes and Aimee Mann.

Wow' date=' I never knew that! I'm also a fan of female vocalists as well. I really like female singers such as Sarah Mclachlan, Beth Orton, Fiona Apple, Gemma Hayes and Aimee Mann.[/quote']

Well I hope you check out both the singers i manage, Emma Forman and Jo McCafferty, both superb female vocalists with great tunes to boot... ;)

Another band to try and get hold of, tho i kniow it's difficult is The Wishing Tree, they've only ever released one album but with amazing almost child like vocals over epic music, it's something special,

Cheers

Staurt

i'm also a big fan of dido's 'no angel', particularly the song 'here with me' which is one of my favourite songs but like most people, 'life for rent' didn't make much of an impact on me. as someone said previously, check out heather nova - she has an amazing voice, especially on the track 'papercup'.

dido is good at what she does, and so is the house paint "magnolia", but, you wouldn't get people writing about magnolia house paint...on...this...board....oh, apart from me.

she is as innocuous and bland as birds eye's white sauce.

you can't dislike it, as it's not offensive, but certainly forgettable.

Guest stuartmaxwell

my ex girlfriend used to make me listen to dido

she writes a cracking pop song and does have a good vioce

i just think she sometimes lacks some imagination and could perhaps experiment more

Well I hope you check out both the singers i manage' date=' Emma Forman and Jo McCafferty, both superb female vocalists with great tunes to boot... ;)

Another band to try and get hold of, tho i kniow it's difficult is The Wishing Tree, they've only ever released one album but with amazing almost child like vocals over epic music, it's something special,

Cheers

Staurt[/quote']

I will look out for some of the Wishing Tree's stuff. I've been meaning to check out Jo McCafferty, but I have seen Emma Forman play and I downloaded a song from the new project thing your doing with her and liked it!