aberdeen-music

Hardcore/Metal(ish) band wanted

Jaaakkkeee

I never undestand why people are so defensive over Black Flag, the band you are not allowed to compare to anyone without fear of being lynched.
Got nothing to do with that. It's simply that ADTR sound nothing like them.

Plenty bands sound like Black Flag. I'm not going to name any but that's mainly cos I'm not much of a Black Flag fan and would probably get it wrong and this thread would derail so much it would end up back on track eating its own ass like when you made the snake the exact width of the screen on your old Nokia.

• Upvote 1

Got nothing to do with that. It's simply that ADTR sound nothing like them.

Plenty bands sound like Black Flag. I'm not going to name any but that's mainly cos I'm not much of a Black Flag fan and would probably get it wrong and this thread would derail so much it would end up back on track eating its own ass like when you made the snake the exact width of the screen on your old Nokia.

I wasnt meaning just this thread, more a general statement, comparisons to black flag have come up quite a few times in various threads and almost every time its met with a wave of abuse.

that is because they people who mention black flag in comparisons generally sound like they have never heard black flag in their life.

First off, Black Flag are HARDLY are a hardcore band, much more firmly rooted in the punk scene, then they became a sludge band which influenced a fuck load of bands from The Melvins to EYEHATEGOD etc.

Black Flag as a band are more comparable to a band like The Stooges. Because that is generally what they do, a much heavier, darker and sometimes faster version of The Stooges.

ADTR are like a metallized version of The Movielife or New Found Glory and sound absolutely NOTHING like Black Flag and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

There is very little "hardcore" or "punk" in ADTR.

"but what is punk"

• Upvote 1