aberdeen-music

A recording what I did

Soda Jerk

http://eggyoko.bandcamp.com/

I've been recording this ONE song for over a year. I had to chop it down from 9 minutes originally, and when I did I was never happy with it. I'm about as pleased with it as I can be now, after giving up on it for months. I've got another song that is way too long as well which I need the whittle down as well, if I ever get round to it.

I dunno how to pigeon-hole it... Sad, slow, washed out indie-rock? Sparse vocals. Fuck tons of reverb. Miserable as fuck. A little bit like the less doomy Jesu stuff, maybe. Or maybe more like Bedhead or Codeine... I wish.

Give it a listen, if you are that way inclined. My recording set up is literally just a microphone, straight into my laptop, so it might sound garbage. My singing is questionable too. Up the punx.

Shit name for a band/act but this song is proper good. Awesome reverby guitar sound, pretty murky but with an awesome crunchy lead guitar. Reasonable sound from a laptop. And the vocals are fine, suit the music perfectly and some nice harmonies chucked in for sure. Would listen to more stuff that gets put out, hopefully it won't take a year.

I really really like this until the end. It goes a bit Goo Goo Dolls in the last chorus progression. Sorry. You should definitely get a band together to play this stuff.

Do you mean the fuzz lead bit? It does stick about a bit. Not usually common place in that sort of music, but I shoved it in anyway. That bit felt like it needed something that wasn't vocals or reverby guitar to break it up. And I bloody love the Goo Goo Dolls.

When I say it took over a year to record, I didn't touch it for about 9 months Between January and November last year. I made it sound a little more Chinese Democracy than it actually was.