aberdeen-music

GTA V

Teabags

Playing online on GTA4 is immense, but nobody ever plays online anymore.

Flying a chopper into the ground and sending an opponent flying for miles and miles simply never gets old. Nor does flying all the way across town to get a Fire Engine, driving it back to the airport, and trapping a n00b under the spray of water until they slowly die.

Best game to be a cunt on.

• Upvote 1

I liked GTA4. some of the storylibes were a bit tedious, but some of the missions were better than anything else, like the one where you have to recover a bunch of coke from the old hospital. This looks really cool too. My initial reaction was that it was meant to be Miami though? What city is it meant to be?

I liked GTA4. some of the storylibes were a bit tedious, but some of the missions were better than anything else, like the one where you have to recover a bunch of coke from the old hospital. This looks really cool too. My initial reaction was that it was meant to be Miami though? What city is it meant to be?

grand-theft-auto-5-vinewood.jpg

Same setting as GTA San Andreas in that it is loosely based on California.

Grand Theft Auto 5 we now know features the Los Santos (Los Angeles) and Vinewood (Hollywood) areas.

They both are part of the San Andreas state (California).

The debut Grand Theft Auto 5 trailer also mentioned Los Puerta, but we're not sure what area that is.

Sauce

Why can't GTA use real place names, like it did for GTA London?

Are cities copyrighted?

I'd like to see a GTA Glasgow.

For GTA London, they actually laid out the city as true to life as they could (if I'm not mistaken). That would be a ridiculous task for a game as big as GTA V. Though, on that note, Prototype did it for New York. Also, using real life places limits design choices.

Basically it's easier to make a place up and then give it your own names loosely based on somewhere else.

I assume after all the legal stuff GTA III and Vice City went through, a lot of cities wouldn't like their name being under that title for reasons like "Everyone will think there's someone running around my city with a gun shooting folk, when there clearly isn't" when there clearly are people like that in a lot of cities.

For GTA London, they actually laid out the city as true to life as they could (if I'm not mistaken). That would be a ridiculous task for a game as big as GTA V. Though, on that note, Prototype did it for New York. Also, using real life places limits design choices.

Basically it's easier to make a place up and then give it your own names loosely based on somewhere else.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean lay it out like some sort of scale model, but base it on a real city by name, despite it only being based on it. Like Driver claims to be based in San Francisco, but it is mostly a fictional city, with the odd recogniseable landmark.

Liberty City is obviously based on New York, with the 5 boroughs and the statue and whatnot. I was just wondering why they didn't call it New York, and if the city name was copyrighted, or if the city didn't want to be associated with a game such as GTA etc.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean lay it out like some sort of scale model, but base it on a real city by name, despite it only being based on it. Like Driver claims to be based in San Francisco, but it is mostly a fictional city, with the odd recogniseable landmark.

Liberty City is obviously based on New York, with the 5 boroughs and the statue and whatnot. I was just wondering why they didn't call it New York, and if the city name was copyrighted, or if the city didn't want to be associated with a game such as GTA etc.

While its obviously based on it, I think it keeps the "immersion" element intact by not using real names. If it was called New York, people from New York would be playing it going "Eeeeyy, stugatz, what da fock is this shiiit? I come off the fockin turnpike and I can't turn fockin right to get my bagel wit cream cheese from Mama's? Getouddaheeeeere."

Saying that though, the layout of Prototype is a complete model of New York. Hence all the landmarks, times square, central park etc etc