aberdeen-music

MetaLOLica.

Teabags

It says Metallica on it. And fuckwits will buy any steaming pile of shit with the word Metallica on it. See the aforementioned St Anger.

Producer Bob Rock said that it was intended to sound like "a band jamming together in a garage for the first time...
That it does. Sounds like a bunch of inept fuckwits playing on paint tins recorded on a tape player.
...and the band just happened to be Metallica".
Oh, so does that make it alright? No. No it doesn't. It now sounds like a bunch of rich inept fuckwits playing on high quality paint tins recorded on the worlds most expensive tape player.

Why did this happen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSQAvA64mss

I'm not offended or angry, just truly baffled. Who on earth said to them that this would be a good idea? Really? Nobody said "hang on a minute, that sounds a bit shit." Grim. Who looks more out of place, Lou Reed or Kirk Hammett?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I hadn't seen that until now.

What a gigantic sack of cum. Seriously, Tibetan Dave is more interesting to watch.

I think it was Uncut mind you, so maybe not that objective...I'll need to see if Joooolz is on BT Vision replay so I can check out this musical marvel for myself.

I'm sure I read an Uncut review which gave five stars to an album of Bob Dylan's farts. They have their untouchable favourites, maybe Reed is in the club.

Mojo gave Loutallica 4 stars and said "The shock in this collaboration is that it sounds savagely natural, as if Reed had made 1982's The Blue Mask with a heavier Rock'N'Roll Animal band, scoured of glam."

Who knows, maybe this album will be considered before it's time. Perhaps society will be based on it in 1000 years a la Wyld Stallyns...

• Upvote 2

And is it just me or are there one or two people who don't realise that the song in that Jools Holland video is not from the Lou Reed/ Metallica album?

Well sure, the one that Jan posted earlier isn't, but the second song they performed on the show, "Iced Honey", is. I think people are just observing that Loutallica is a terrible idea in general.

I'm sure I read an Uncut review which gave five stars to an album of Bob Dylan's farts. They have their untouchable favourites, maybe Reed is in the club.

Mojo gave Loutallica 4 stars and said "The shock in this collaboration is that it sounds savagely natural, as if Reed had made 1982's The Blue Mask with a heavier Rock'N'Roll Animal band, scoured of glam."

Who knows, maybe this album will be considered before it's time. Perhaps society will be based on it in 1000 years a la Wyld Stallyns...

Well, folk seem to wank over 'Metal Machine Music' these days and it was widely regarded as shite for years....I hope this album isn't as bad as that version of 'White Light, White Heat', that was grim.