aberdeen-music

Belmont Cinema in trouble?

Lemonade

Twitter

I'll direct you here.

Oh and this tweet caught my attention the other day...

"Great films at The Belmont this week - LITTLE WHITE LIES & SUBMARINE. Awful films at The Belmont this week - RED RIDING HOOD & SUCKER PUNCH"

Brilliant sales technique this lad.

I approve of this and I'm also very pleased that the Belmont is going to remain. They could maybe do with showing more of the great films though, I suppose.

Twitter

I'll direct you here.

Oh and this tweet caught my attention the other day...

"Great films at The Belmont this week - LITTLE WHITE LIES & SUBMARINE. Awful films at The Belmont this week - RED RIDING HOOD & SUCKER PUNCH"

Brilliant sales technique this lad.

'kin hell.

Sounds like he thinks he deserves customers. This whole debacle has really put me off the belmont.

Having an opinion on a film = good.

Having a negative opinion on a film, posting said opinion on a networking forum so possibly putting people off about a 3rd of your current film offerings = fuck-wittery of the highest order.

Seriously, would never wish unemployment on anyone but this guy seems to have no clue. At all.

• Upvote 1

I think it's mostly banter - he obviously loves films (he runs or contributes to three or four blogs about them, all updated fairly regularly) but at times like this, with the cinema losing customers rapidly, it's time to take off the backwards cool cap and put your PR hat on.

First thing I'd do would be sack the manager.

I hope they've got a better business plan than what they've done in the past otherwise it's just a waste of money again. I hope it's not just a case of "Oh shit, there's no-one else to run it, let's accept third rate and hope people come".

Sounds like you got your wish:

Vacancy at the Belmont | News | Belmont Picturehouse | Aberdeen

We have a vacancy for the General Manager position at the Belmont Picturehouse in Aberdeen.

The role includes taking overall responsibility for the day to day management of The Belmont and to provide leadership to maximise the cinemas growth and profitability. It is a hands on role that requires full participation in Duty Management shifts and film projection. A job description is available from here. [PDF download]

Anyone interested in applying for the role should send a CV and covering letter to jobs@picturehouses.co.uk by the end of Friday 13th May 2011. Interviews are planned to take place in Aberdeen on 25th May.