aberdeen-music

Fantasy F1

Lemonade

Hello all,

I devised a wee Fantasy F1 game to play with a few mates, but someone else beat me to it so I thought I'd see if anyone here fancies playing.

If you would like to play, get your team in before Qualifying starts in Australia, which is 0600 on Saturday morning, 26th March.

Below is a list of drivers and a list of constructors, each priced loosely based on their performance in 2010. You have to select 2 drivers and 1 constructor to score points for you. You have a budget of 31m.

(click to enlarge)

(figures are in millions, duh)

ff.jpg

The rules are brief:

Rules

1 - If any of your drivers cannot race for any reason, you will be awarded any points picked up by their substitute.

2 - If one of your drivers moves to another team during the season, you will continue to earn points for that SEAT - not for the driver. For example, if Trulli were to move to Mercedes, and you have Trulli, you will earn points for whoever replaces Trulli at Lotus - you will not earn points for Trulli at Mercedes.

3 - There will be one transfer window during the season, during F1's summer break after the Hungarian Grand Prix (race 11 of 19), during which you can change your team.

Scoring

Points will be awarded as follows:

Qualifying

1st 10

2nd 9

3rd 8

4th 7

5th 6

6th 5

7th 4

8th 3

9th 2

10th 1

Race

1st 25

2nd 18

3rd 15

4th 12

5th 10

6th 8

7th 6

8th 4

9th 2

10th 1

Fastest Lap 10

Further rules / wildcards / jokers etc will be made up as I go along. (seriously though, open to any suggestions)

If you want to play, reply in the thread with your team name, 2 drivers and 1 constructor. I'll be checking the s add up so don't think you can cheat! :popcorn:

There are proper fantasy F1s you know?

There are, but they're all a bit paps. Anyway, I get off on doing geeky shit in Excel. I do it for a job, and I do it at home for fun as well. You should see my fantastically automated Celebrity Dead Pool spreadsheet. Its a thing of wonder. Leave me alone, you :p

Japanese drivers are great for being crazy ape bonkers. Taki Inoue got run over by a couple of safety/medical cars one season. Awesome. :up:

YouTube - Taki Inoue gets hit by the medical car (Hungary 1995).wmv

:)

Spectaculary inept driver. There's a long history of shit Japanese drivers, from Ukyo Katayama, Tukama Sato, Kazuki Nakajima and Sakon Yamamoto right through to Yuji Ide, who was so bad he actually had his racing licence revoked by the FIA midway through the season because he was a danger to the other drivers.

(un)interesting fact - No Japanese driver has ever won a Formula 1 race. In fact, I'm not sure there's ever been a Japanese driver on the podium.

YouTube - Taki Inoue gets hit by the medical car (Hungary 1995).wmv

:)

Spectaculary inept driver. There's a long history of shit Japanese drivers, from Ukyo Katayama, Tukama Sato, Kazuki Nakajima and Sakon Yamamoto right through to Yuji Ide, who was so bad he actually had his racing licence revoked by the FIA midway through the season because he was a danger to the other drivers.

(un)interesting fact - No Japanese driver has ever won a Formula 1 race. In fact, I'm not sure there's ever been a Japanese driver on the podium.

Nope. I was wrong.

In 2004, Sato drove full-time for BAR and regularly challenged for the top five positions, achieving the second-ever podium finish for a Japanese driver (after Aguri Suzuki at the 1990 Japanese Grand Prix) by finishing third at the United States Grand Prix

fact - No Japanese driver has ever won a Formula 1 race. In fact, I'm not sure there's ever been a Japanese driver on the podium.

Aguri Suzuki once finished third in Japan, would have been over 20 years back though. Sato might have fluked a podium too, I lost interest in F1 around the time he was competing...

EDIT: Beat me to it. You bloody cheat....

Well this didn't take off, but fuck it we can play with 4 teams. I suppose I could keep it open for entries until the next race if anybody else wants to join. There's still plenty time to catch up.

So, here's the points breakdown for Australia:

australia_points_original.jpg

And here's how you all fared:

australia_standings_original.jpg

So after 1 race, the leaderboard looks like this:

1 Lucky 53

2 Chris 42

3 MattjimF 38

4 Scorge 9

• 2 weeks later...