aberdeen-music

What are your top 3 countries....

Paranoid Android

Struggling for a third. Argentina maybe. I hear only good things about it.

I've got a mate who grew up there and he pretty much says it's a shithole with unbelievably high crime rates. In fact the reason his family decided to move away was due to having their house burgled for the umpteenth time. Everybody had to have bars on all their downstairs windows, and most people carried guns. Fuck that!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Caribbean country - the beaches look so nice

Steer clear of the Dominican Republic unless you enjoy constant hassle. I suppose it's the same in a lot of places that are poor and you can't really blame them but I couldn't really relax, despite the nice looking beaches (and biatches)

Steer clear of the Dominican Republic unless you enjoy constant hassle. I suppose it's the same in a lot of places that are poor and you can't really blame them but I couldn't really relax, despite the nice looking beaches (and biatches)

head to costa rica, people couldn't be friendlier and it's got some of the best beaches in central america. food is awesome, you can see some amazing wildlife and it's pretty safe. there are some dodgy places but you just have to be sensible.

you do have to put up with people bringing up costa rica beating scotland though. all the time.

Guest dopethrone
Costa Rica is one of these weird countries that should be third world but has a pretty stable economy. I saw a documentary about it and all the American ex pats who set up home there. I change my choice to Costa Rica, seems less stabby.

Etnies just launched a campaign called "buy a shoe, plant a tree" whereby (as you can imagine) for every pair of shoes bought, they plant a tree in the Costa Rican Rainforest. I think it's a pretty great idea as the Costa Rican rainforest is one of the most "oxygen rich" sources in the WURLD.

Costa Rica is one of these weird countries that should be third world but has a pretty stable economy. I saw a documentary about it and all the American ex pats who set up home there. I change my choice to Costa Rica, seems less stabby.

they don't have an army and spend a lot of money on eco-tourism projects and social housing. it has bad parts and drug problems the same as any country, particularly in the popular surf and beach resorts like jaco. it's not perfect but they do a lot of things right.

we saw crocodiles and a monkey climbed on my wifes head. it was ace.

I'm being sold on Costa Rica

I still want to go to Argentina.

I also want to visit more of Africa but I don't have any particular preferences which is why there was no African country on my list. Rwandan great lakes region perhaps.

i would love to go to africa too, dunno where though. probably kenya.