aberdeen-music

Egypt

• 2 weeks later...

Gaddafi next to go? Power to the people? Will they all achieve 'democracy' themselves? Is this the beginning of the end for all oppresive dictators? Could this be the start of the biggest global political change? I had always thought this could only be achieved by the west blowing the shit out of them for a while. Interesting times.

Gaddafi next to go? Power to the people? Will they all achieve 'democracy' themselves? Is this the beginning of the end for all oppresive dictators? Could this be the start of the biggest global political change? I had always thought this could only be achieved by the west blowing the shit out of them for a while. Interesting times.

I'd imagine when Gadaffi flees the country the next place he lands will tell him to Gadaffi mia land

• Upvote 1

The West are strangely reserved about it all. They're not usually shy about crying for regime change...

Yes, just not those regimes. You know, the ones that keep the oil flowing our way and the Suez canal open. Dreadful people, of course. I expect we'll cancel their Eurofighter import license after we've made sure the radar is thoroughly nobbled and they've already shipped.

The US in particular have to watch how they behave around all of this. Firstly, lets not forget that they supported Egypt and their military heavily, because they felt that this was necessary to keep stability in the region, so to then be raving on about how good it is that the regime was toppled would be a bit hjypocritical. Equally, there is very often a strong anti-american feeling in these areas and that means that if the US are supporting any element of regime change or any particular faction, it taints them in the eyes of many others. That's why there's allegedly been a lot of anonymous or filtered funding for things which support the arab youth over the past ten years, in order to try and keep them moderate but to disguise the source of the funding.

What I like most about the whole thing is that over the last ten years there's been such a strong belief that the disaffected young people in this region always turned to extremism and the current crowd have shown that it's far from the case. The young people are able to exercise their will in a non-violent and equally powerful way.

• Upvote 1

Well initially I had some sympathy for the Libyan people, but after what they did to Doc Brown they can fuck right off.

Come on, he stole their plutonium. A dictator who let a mad scientist burn him like that wouldn't last long. It was absolutely appropriate to dispatch the VW camper.

He isn't a dictator though, he's an honoury leader...and all the protesters are Al Queda.

BBC News - US brands Muammar Gaddafi 'delusional' after interview

That's cool then, and those aren't Eurofighters buzzing his airspace. they're UFOs, sent by God to protect Big Papa Muammar.

Even your hot Ukranian tottie has left you and your spitting image puppet looks more realisitic. Give it up gramps, we're sick of your bullshit.