aberdeen-music

Comic Books / Graphic Novels

Stroopy121

I've got X-Men, Wolverine and Captain America Civil Wars to read. As well as the Amazing Wolf Man by Robert Kirkman. I'm half way through the 15th volume of The Walking Dead at the moment and not a lot is happening but trouble's-a-brewin'. So hopefully there will be an epic ending.

Has anyone read the Coheed and Cambria ones? If they're good, I'll buy them and the corresponding album together and read/listen and have a jolly good time.

Oh and there's some Batmans and stuff I want too. I wish things were free, or it wasn't illegal to steal. I want too many things.

Volume 15 of The Walking Dead was a disappointing ending. With what was happening when I last posted I thought there was going to be more non-dead folk being killed. I was mistaken. Some stuff did happen that will 'cause drama in the next one, but there should have been drama now. Especially if I have to wait for a while for the next volume.

• 6 months later...

Thought I'd ressurect this as been reading a few more things.

Saddened Brubakers tenure on Captain America is coming to an end as he's the only one who's managed to make the character bearable, but he is continuing with the excellent Winter Soldier.

Recently been reading some Gotham Central, again Ed Brubaker, who I generally think is the best writer in comics at the moment.

Been reading a lot of Daredevil from Frank Miller, through Brian Michael Bendis and onto Brubaker and now Mark Waid who is also pretty good.

Mark Millar's New Ultimates Vs Avengers was really quite good but recently been working my way through Warren Ellis' run on Excalibur and Brittanic's terrible mullet aside it has been really quite enjoyable.

Girlfriend has been enjoying Alan Moore's run on the Swamp Thing, and many of the New 52 stuff.

Anyone else ready anything of interest ?

Thought I'd ressurect this as been reading a few more things.

Recently been reading some Gotham Central, again Ed Brubaker, who I generally think is the best writer in comics at the moment.

Been reading a lot of Daredevil from Frank Miller, through Brian Michael Bendis and onto Brubaker and now Mark Waid who is also pretty good.

Anyone else ready anything of interest ?

I need to get Gotham Central. I've been enjoying Brubaker's supernatural crime noir 'Fatale'.

Picked up Daredevil: The Man Without Fear by Frank Miller, it was excellent except for the part of where he gets the name Daredevil. I thought that made no sense. All of Bendis and Brubaker Daredevil stuff is excellent and I've heard great things about Mark Waid's run.

The Boys by Garth Ennis is reaching a stunning conclusion and Brian Azzarello's unique take on Wonder Woman has been awesome.